Upgrade from '08 to '16?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Just wanted to see what yall thought. My bosses stock '16 LML LTZ double cab is available for me to buy at a good deal. I'd have to sell my LMM CC to get it done. Bosses truck is stock, mines got a built front, rear and trans and all of the bolt ons.

2008 LMM CCSB LT w/ 92k vs 2016 LML Dbl Cab LTZ w/ 40k stock.

What would you do?

Anyone want an LMM? lol

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
Unless you just hate the LMM interior I guess I just don't see the point. You already have the LMM the way you want it.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
One of the only advantages I see is the upgraded chassis on 11+ trucks. Other than that, I’d say it’s a downgrade and starting over.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Theres never a point haha. I love my LMM, i'd love the LML. It's got more toys which is nice, but mainly the body being 8 years newer is the big plus and just being able to have a fresh start on a build. Also comes with a nice plow package that is the icing on the cake.

Thats why im asking yall what you'd do, need urging one way or the other haha

Nice avatar lmao.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Thanks for the input thus far guys. Be honest too thats why i asked haha...

I figure some of you have had so many of these trucks that you'd have a feeling one way or the other. I don't feel shortchanged by my LMM a bit, but the man offered me a deal and i wanted to poll you guys

Last edited:

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
Ahh. I forget trucks up north don't last as long down here. Also I've never owned, driven, or rode in either a LMM or LML. So you'll have a to take what I say with a grain of salt.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nope, I dont need or want another truck. I'll be buried in BBT someday. :hehe:

If you've got the financial means to buy it, and its something that you've wanted, and you're getting a smoking deal on it, and your wife isnt going to kill you for it, then go for it. :)

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
If you've got the financial means to buy it, and its something that you've wanted, and you're getting a smoking deal on it, and your wife isnt going to kill you for it, then go for it. :)
If you can make all that happen you better stop and get a lottery ticket on the way home as well :roflmao:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
It's hard (for me anyways) to leave a vehicle you have a ton of time / money invested into. I love my brothers '15, and would buy one in a heartbeat, ONLY if it's a true crew cab. If you have kids don't even consider the double cab. Having a car seat in my truck blows, but it's paid for.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
No wife, so.... Means is a no without selling ole scarlet first. Boss is flexible with things so I'd have no rush. By the sounds of it you all are on the same page as me, keep the lmm. I can do that but it was worth the ask in case I had blinders on

Tha KS

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
We did this same swap back in May with my wife's truck. Sold her lmm and bought a 16 LML high country. My only complaint is the payment we now have that we didn't with the lmm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
The new trucks are just so much quieter inside and the LMM body seams like a freakn tin can. I'm kinda in the same boat got two older lower mileage trucks 04 with 72k getting a built motor and a 10 with 62k both paid for except the never ending money pit motor build. I was tempted to toss both of them for a 15+ but I would still end up with a payment when I got two perfectly fine low mileage trucks and ones about to be real fun.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
The upgraded chassis/towing characteristics is what really sold me on it. Granted the creature comforts had reeled me in, but after towing my gooseneck with one I was sold.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk