Info: Upcoming Crankshafts!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
There should be some more economical crankshafts coming in the near future. This comes from a little birdie I spoke with today. It is suppose to be intended for builds I the thousand HP range and much cheaper than aftermarket cranks available now. It won't be a replacement for those but should be a great offering for a higher HP build. Expect to hear more in the upcoming months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I'm so not have all the specified details yet but it will be a stock replacement style crankshaft. It will be made and offered by a very reputable player in the crankshaft industry. They expect it to cost approximately twice the cost of a stock crankshaft. That's hasn't been set yet. It is In the R&D stage now and expected to be released later I this year. It should be a decent offering but won't be intended for the extreme HP builds. I wish I could disclose more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nice to hear. Will be interesting to see how they've addressed the breakage points if/when it goes to production.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
This doesn't surprise me. The diesel aftermarket has to stay competitive with gassers now and parts for them are cheap comparatively. Maybe they finally figured this out...

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
It's nice to hear companies are trying to put more out there for the Duramax guy's. I would like to know more but can't wait around much longer so i'm going with a Callies and a Wagner rod setup, just not doing the internal balance though it could be a mistake but i'm not shooting for much hp and keeping the rpm under 3600 I just want a reliable bottom end. I was going to do a new LML crank but the guys coming on here saying they are breaking those to made me re think that idea. The extra money is really stretching my motor budget but I don't want to be redoing this again in a year because I rolled the dice on a stock crank. Just couldn't justify the extra cost to go internal balance since it's a easy $2500 by the time the mallory, flywheel, & balancer are added in plus I already have the ATI balancer maybe the weight could just be removed but that still leaves $2000 to do the rest.

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Are you referring to the callies forged compstar, if so it's not a secret. It is supposed to be much cheaper then the ultra billet offering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
This is true, Callie's had the prototype at PRI. It is a factory replacement forging recommended for the 800-1,000hp range. Wagler has a new forged rod ready to pair with it as well.

Last edited:

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I wonder if they are rating the Durastar for flywheel hp? Also other than better steel I don't see any structural improvements like the billet version.