LLY: Up-pipe question

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Probably a stoopid question, but is it possible to get the passenger side up pipe out without removing the turbo, transmission, or something other major?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
take heat shield off turbo, remove turbo downpipe and then its a little easier to get at the bolts on the top side of the uppipe. remove the fender liner, get a good socket on the upper bolts with a breaker bar through the wheel well and the bolts will break free pretty easily.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Thanks for the input. Maybe if I'm feeling brave this weekend I'll try to put my LB7 pipe on and yank the stupit EGR cooler... It's in the way of the LBZ turbo inlet (FINALLY became available after months of waiting).

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Well, that was fun :rolleyes:... Never actually got the down pipe out, but I got the up pipe out and the new one in. Cooler is now gone (the crap that came out of it was NASTY), and the ports on the bottom of the intake are blocked off. Seems like it builds boost a little better, and the LBZ inlet fits MUCH better.

Check the attached pic; Has anyone ever seen that happen (downpipe/frontpipe clamp rotated around until it came in contact with the starter). It was tight... Odd.

Attachments

• _MG_9965.jpg
    _MG_9965.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 35