Um I quit!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Dale, do you think the fellow used the Geronimo line? Heck, I might have just jumped had I been working the board. WOW.

Depending how close it was, I would have!!
I see they got pipe in the hole still, but can't tell if they got any up the stick-unless it's a lay down rig.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Very cool pic!

I say photo chop though, just a theory.

It reminds me of this.

LONGCAT_TACGNOL_00.jpg

Last edited:

TX23

Wanna Race??????
Mar 5, 2008
San Angelo, TX
I thought the same thing at first, but with the weather we had the night of this tornado, I'd have to go with real. It was around Perryton which had a huge amount of damage that night, and confirmed reports of others seeing a twister when the lightning hit. With today's technology, it's possible that it's "chopped", but most of the guys working these rigs wouldn't have enough time to work that kind of magic in less than 24 hours. I received the first pic of it, the day after the storm. Just stirring...:poop:

Very cool pic!

I say photo chop though, just a theory.

It reminds me of this.

LONGCAT_TACGNOL_00.jpg

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Its a photo chop. you can see the flags to the right of rig and one is flapping and one is hanging down. None the less, I dont mess around with Texas weather. I've never been as scared as when I get caught in a Texas storm. Especially in West Texas when you can see them coming from miles

Nasty Girl

Apr 11, 2008
I would think that photo is a fake but very cool none the less!
There have been several tornados here in Texas in the past 2 weeks. And I had the displeasure of being part of one. The funnel cloud was approximately 1 mile from my rig here by Morgan Mills Texas. Happened about 2:30 A.M. IIRC. When I tried to get out of my shack initally I couldn't open the door, even with my feet pushing against the wall. :eek: Was I skeered? uuuummmm YUP! :rofl:

Thank goodness some of our buildings weigh in excess of 100,000 lbs. and we were able to hold out there till it passed. Trust me nothing you EVER want to experience first hand!!!:(