Question: ultimate fun car for adult family guy....?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
So, what do you think would be the best "cool" car for a dad ?
Things to consider:
Already have a crew cab lbz, so none of that
Needs to be fun to drive,fairly quick outa the box with the ability to tweak and tune
Should get an absolute min of 20 mpg
Has to have a purchase value/finished value of somewhere about 30k
Probably should have 4 doors

So i thought i had this covered when i bought the 11 golf mk6 tdi, i was gonna treat it like a little dmax. I went to go and make the purchase for the upgrades, ya know turbo and injectors, and now i have to sign and submit a race only waver that woukd subject me to a 50k fine if my car was found on the street. This was pretty crappy news coming from a guy in the U.K

Last year this was not a concern for me or them....the ripples continue, the buterfly effect is in full effect.

So now i am thinking of upgrading to a golf R, maybe a gti, cuz i can reuse everything i have upgraded on my tdi, the chasis is identical.

I am also wondering what my options are outside of the hot hatch
I love the golf mk6, it is a fun little car with alot of potential, i am always looking to expand my horizons, so give me some ootions

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
The 2 mentioned were the 2 I had in mind. Srt8 jeep, trailblazer ss and a pontiac g8 would be 3 more choices. Could you go more in depth about that "race only vehicle thing" I'm very curious on that. Never heard of such a thing

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The 2 mentioned were the 2 I had in mind. Srt8 jeep, trailblazer ss and a pontiac g8 would be 3 more choices. Could you go more in depth about that "race only vehicle thing" I'm very curious on that. Never heard of such a thing

Yeah, i was told that now in order to sell parts to u.s customers, for my particular make and model of car, customers now have to be regestered with this race waver before parts can be transfered stateside, then if i get caught with no dpf,no, egr a bigger turbo and larger injectors with a modified fuel pump i cant say i didnt know,basically the epa is taking any and all loop holes out of modifying the 2.0cr tdi.

Tityrous

Oct 21, 2012
Raymond NH
My old 04 CTS-V was a blast to drive and I could get 26mpg car had full exhaust K&N filter and a tune... My new CTS-V is making around 20mpg out of boost. It's all in the way you drive and how well the tune is! Good luck!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Mercedes E 55 or the newer version E 63. Either car is nasty and has great handling capabilities, plus the appearance and luxurious ride are just a bonus to the performance. And it appears you already have a taste for German cars. I personally love the E 63 and that will be the next car my wife gets, hopefully in the not to distant future...

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Mercedes E 55 or the newer version E 63. Either car is nasty and has great handling capabilities, plus the appearance and luxurious ride are just a bonus to the performance. And it appears you already have a taste for German cars. I personally love the E 63 and that will be the next car my wife gets, hopefully in the not to distant future...

No way in hell I'd own one. Buddy has an 08 63 i believe non boosted, and he is due for new brakes soon......at the tune of $3,000+.....**** that.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The all motor ones sucked ass. They got terrible economy and had issues, I like the new boosted version and the price your buddy paid for brakes is retarded. I get my wifes current Mercedes serviced at a buddies shop and it is usually about what it cost to service my truck, I just had a B service done on it for 150.00 bucks. Tell your buddy to find another service center...

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
The all motor ones sucked ass. They got terrible economy and had issues, I like the new boosted version and the price your buddy paid for brakes is retarded. I get my wifes current Mercedes serviced at a buddies shop and it is usually about what it cost to service my truck, I just had a B service done on it for 150.00 bucks. Tell your buddy to find another service center...

can you really expect good economy from a 6.3 liter sportscar, not really the reason to buy one.

He gets his serviced at a MB dealer believe its still under warranty is why. Think he did the B and it was 750ish. Thats when he found out he needed brakes.

He blew a tire too before, and they are pretty pricey as well.....

Not a fan of MB myself. I'd rather own a M series or an RS Audi.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Audi s4

Why dont you find a guy at the race track that wouldn't mind ordering the stuff for yo.Throw him a hundy for his effort install your parts and drive the wheels off of it.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Yeah, i was told that now in order to sell parts to u.s customers, for my particular make and model of car, customers now have to be regestered with this race waver before parts can be transfered stateside, then if i get caught with no dpf,no, egr a bigger turbo and larger injectors with a modified fuel pump i cant say i didnt know,basically the epa is taking any and all loop holes out of modifying the 2.0cr tdi.

You need to find someone not in the USA to order the parts then just cross into the USA and ship them to you. May cost a bit more but less red tape.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
can you really expect good economy from a 6.3 liter sportscar, not really the reason to buy one.

He gets his serviced at a MB dealer believe its still under warranty is why. Think he did the B and it was 750ish. Thats when he found out he needed brakes.

He blew a tire too before, and they are pretty pricey as well.....

Not a fan of MB myself. I'd rather own a M series or an RS Audi.

750 for a B service...:eek:

My buddy only charges 250 to walk ins. He needs to find another service center quick...

And how does it still have factory warranty? Mine was up at 3 yrs or 36,000 and it's a 2009...

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
750 for a B service...:eek:

My buddy only charges 250 to walk ins. He needs to find another service center quick...

And how does it still have factory warranty? Mine was up at 3 yrs or 36,000 and it's a 2009...

No idea why he takes it to MB honestly...was thinking he had a warranty though.

Maybe he bought an extended one, not sure