Ultimate Callout Challenge watch

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
The motor we put in StarLites truck is a monster Wagler motor. We saw some 6400rpm logs and many 5200+rpm logs. This motor is very similar to the motor in Cummins killer, we just don't have a deck plate.

Zach literally made tunes in the parking lot before the event. The truck had it's first test drive 3 days prior to the UCC. If we would have had another week, I feel that we could have easily been top 5.

:thumb: looking forward to the progression of this ^^

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Lavon won flat out because he has a known setup and track time to back it.

His was running months before anyone elses. I don't see why everyone had to wait to the last minute to get stuff done to compete. Kinda like putting all your shit in one basket :confused:

I also got a kick out of the diesel bro's.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Lavon won flat out because he has a known setup and track time to back it.

His was running months before anyone elses. I don't see why everyone had to wait to the last minute to get stuff done to compete. Kinda like putting all your shit in one basket :confused:

I also got a kick out of the diesel bro's.

We had the motor ordered MONTHS in advance....I'm sure you know the waiting game and how it doesn't always work out.

I find it hilarious that when we smoked the competition in 1 event, on the 1st run, we were called cheaters. But when Lavon kills it in multiple events, he is constantly praised.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
oh I know the waiting game, I hate it. What was the event he smoked everyone in? I wasn't really watching the whole deal, just on and off throughout the day.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
We had the motor ordered MONTHS in advance....I'm sure you know the waiting game and how it doesn't always work out.

I find it hilarious that when we smoked the competition in 1 event, on the 1st run, we were called cheaters. But when Lavon kills it in multiple events, he is constantly praised.

You made 1 good pass at the pulls? Who said you cheated? you ended up getting edged by lavon and then chase straight up pulled it out the back lol

I figured that'd be the only event that truck would shine at personally Zach has always made decent pulls

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I like watching people for this event. Order a motor, order a turbo set up, waiting on fuel system to come. Have blah blah blah build my trans.

Does anyone work on there own crap anymore? Its more of a money game then talent.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
bet if they had an uncontrolled powerslide into parked cars event Baca would have won hands down. or if Mustang owners were there they would be a close second lol.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I like watching people for this event. Order a motor, order a turbo set up, waiting on fuel system to come. Have blah blah blah build my trans.

Does anyone work on there own crap anymore? Its more of a money game then talent.

Well I'd like to put mine in built my own motor and trans and did some of my twin kit. But I'd probably put it all in a reg cab as I don't want to cage my crew cab. Doubt I'll have the money to do it but we'll see I'd honestly rather put money into couple more 2 post lifts and more tools

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
1500us tune, fuel only;)

We turned it way up and got the nitrous turned on but decided not to make another pass. 360' on the first pull was good enough for us. We wouldn't have been able to climb into the top 3 so we decided there was no point in potentially hurting the motor. We drove it on the trailer, off the trailer and it'll be street driving tomorrow. We're happy! 7th place overall for StarLite Diesel.

A brand new engine.....and even the tranny still learning while on the dragstrip. I'd like to have seen him really nail a second pull and win that event, but he made a wise decision.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Did any of the Duramax's in the competition put that crazy amount of power through an Allison?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Doesn't Dimitri run an allison? I know he really wanted to hit 2k with one but unsure if they had one in the truck he took to the UCC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Was a fun event and like to see some old familiar faces and meet some new ones and put a face with a name. I went down with Rob, he had an interesting time, got the new engine in about 5 days before the event and sheared the TC bolts when he was tuning it on his dyno, got that fixed just before he left for SLC getting there around midnite on Tuesday. The only spare part he brought was an extra serpentine belt. Managed to shear off the TC bolts again on his first and only pull on the dyno. Called Socal Diesel and had them over night ship a new flexplate and Randy's Transmission was gracious enough to allow Rob to use their shop. Reused the TC and they had the truck ready for the drags around 1 pm on thursday.

First pass truck was surging due to the rail pressure cycling, tuning glitch. Rob turned it up and made a 9.7 pass, toward the end of the session he decided to let it eat and completely blew it off on the line, came around and made another attempt and when it hit the big tune and the NOS it almost went into the wall. Made the last pass and ran the 9.49 at 154. That is the fastest mph the truck has even ran. I think the only real difference for these truck at altitude is the ability to spool the turbos and the 60' which seemed very slow for all the trucks. Mashing that thin air and adding NOS makes up for a lot. Rob's truck was by far the easiest to spool of the entire bunch. It would have been a cake walk for him had there been real drag racing.

Put in the T-bars back in, blocks in the back and a hitch bought from a trailer store on Tuesday, added about 2100 lbs of weight. Truck was 8260 lbs for the pulls. Stock front end, no locker, borrowed tires off one the guys who worked for the sled pulling company. Rob made the first pull on the small 1000 hp tune with no NOS and went 245.9 feet. Second pull he decided to use the big tune and nos after he got it rolling good and twisted the drive line at 244 feet. That is the same drive line that has been in the truck since it was bought off of a farmer in Missouri in 2007 with 100,000 miles on it mostly in a field.;)

Attachments

• 20160506_211446_resized.jpg
    20160506_211446_resized.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160506_205608_resized.jpg
    20160506_205608_resized.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 70