Udate on my jerking Gmax-5

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
And if it is any of the things you just said mike, would it have anyaffects on hard parts such as clutches or anything?

If you had some violent shifts during the 3/4 upshift your C2 hub and P2 planet splines might be twisted.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
John, while I'm certianly no trans expert, I can help. If you can bring your truck up to my shop, we can figure out what is going on here.

Let me know.

Wolf

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009
Well i had to put the power thru it tonight. And it didn't end so wonderfully! A buddy of mine was on his way back up from fort walton from having a stage v put in his duramax and he wanted to feel the bad shifts. Well he was in the back seat and when it hit 4th he literally grabbed the back seat and said some choice words... Well after two or three times we head to eat. After we eat he heads back to t town. Three friends, two duramaxes and a 4 lane usually ends how? Well we punched it about 40mph and i pulled in pretty decently. He has the suncoust v, efi, air intake, pipe, lift pump. Me messed up tranny and running 4K psi low on fuel pressure. Kinda odd i pulled him in my opinion. Well two redlights later no boost we haul ass again.. I break the tires loose when i hit second and guess what??? Three cops standing out side of there car at mc donalds... All turn and look, start walking to there cars. We hit a side road and go all over this sub division. Hit all kinda of back roads and dirt roads.... Well he makes it to the road he needs to be on and i have to cross town again. I rode 15 miles of dirt roadds to get home and right before i get home, my u joint starts popping, and i get a bad vibration. So it looks like instead of only a water pump monday she is getting her 3rd set of yokes and u joint in the past 4 months!!! First time and last time i am ever street racing around civilization!

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
I know on my truck it has a hard shift on a stock tranny and 2 different people told me alot of the bump slam is the 2 piece drive shaft ... Its still gonna slam but not as bad.. the shift would be alot cleaner? if im describing it correctly.. if you have a 2 piece that might help some ..

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009
John, while I'm certianly no trans expert, I can help. If you can bring your truck up to my shop, we can figure out what is going on here.

Let me know.

Wolf

I would like that. I am sure we could work something out. Give me a call sometime or shoot me over your number. I would appreciate any and all help. If i am not mistaken you are from the baldwin area aren't you?