UCC results and discussion

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Hell, hes as fast as a dragster now. I heard Merchant had problems. Anyone know what happened?

I got Lavon on social media and he definitely puts the hours in. When you watch the video from the stage pit angle you can see him sway back and forth about halfway through the pass but he held it!
I haven’t seen any carnage videos yet. It’s crazy how much people put into their trucks for this specific event. Baca ran a 9.32 as well and with a better launch he could probably scratch high 8’s that launch he did today looked like his suspension was wayyyyy off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I got Lavon on social media and he definitely puts the hours in. When you watch the video from the stage pit angle you can see him sway back and forth about halfway through the pass but he held it!
I haven’t seen any carnage videos yet. It’s crazy how much people put into their trucks for this specific event. Baca ran a 9.32 as well and with a better launch he could probably scratch high 8’s that launch he did today looked like his suspension was wayyyyy off

Baca ran a 8.8 this morning

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Baca ran a 8.8 this morning

The last two years he was stuck in the 11’s and he kept saying 9’s or 8’s in the future but he had horrible luck with that 48 trans. Glad trial and error and a tubular chassis got him there!

Are we gonna see you in UCC? I know it’s a bragging rights type of competition but when I went in 16’ in Utah there was maybe 15 or 20 vendors and now there are 150 vendors and a boat load of show trucks. It’s slowly becoming SEMA mixed with Hot August Nights in SoCal.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
The last two years he was stuck in the 11’s and he kept saying 9’s or 8’s in the future but he had horrible luck with that 48 trans. Glad trial and error and a tubular chassis got him there!

Are we gonna see you in UCC? I know it’s a bragging rights type of competition but when I went in 16’ in Utah there was maybe 15 or 20 vendors and now there are 150 vendors and a boat load of show trucks. It’s slowly becoming SEMA mixed with Hot August Nights in SoCal.

No sir I doubt I’ll ever have a truck for it. I was on Hollyrocks team and had transmissions in DHD and Starlights trucks also.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

His one off trans he had was the downfall. Keeping the converter unlocked with big power is the key to making a fast pass and make stuff live. His truck is a full frame I believe, just gutted.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Hell, hes as fast as a dragster now. I heard Merchant had problems. Anyone know what happened?

Them and hollyrock both threw rods out the sides of the block.

I had some high hopes for them both but it didn’t work out.

Last I looked yesterday merchant had pulled the motor out of the rail and was dropping it in the truck. Lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Last I looked yesterday merchant had pulled the motor out of the rail and was dropping it in the truck. Lol
Thats too bad for both guys.

Moved the UCC discussion into its own thread.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

They smoked the trans and windowed the block.

His one off trans he had was the downfall. Keeping the converter unlocked with big power is the key to making a fast pass and make stuff live. His truck is a full frame I believe, just gutted.

Lavon does pretty damn well with lock up still.

The key isn’t big power, it’s the whole setup. Baca struggles with that

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Glenn (ED) said Eric’s trouble on the dyno with the sand rail engine was an issue with the vss losing signal so couldn’t hold gears. Bummer. From even before they got there they’ve had trouble. Think he had a failed head(s) like a day or two before. Hate that for those guys.

How lavon has continued to dominate with a target on his back for YEARS now is unreal. What he’s doing is like that girls UConn teaming going undefeated for several seasons at a time. It’s just incredible dominance.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Eric lost a engine Friday on the strip. Pulled the engine out of handrail and put it in. Had some wiring issues to speed sensor. Definitely a bad year for the duramax crowd.

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois

Merchant windowed their block first day. Swapped motor from the sand rail over night. Then when it was time for the dyno the motor had only been alive for like 20 minutes. While dialing in the tuning as they were driving it up onto the dyno it the trans wouldn’t do anything. They found out it had a bad output speed sensor so it would kick it into neutral. Got it fixed and it ran much much better during the pull. It was a small set up on air for a UCC competitor but they still competed!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

It was a very disappointing start to the event for us to say the least we were shooting for very low 9’s but never got anywhere.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What Lavon is doing now is similar to what Michael was doing in the early years of Dmax performance. He thinks outside the box and years ahead, and adapts ideas from other areas of motorsports to his truck.....and it works. Very smart guy.

Sorry to hear about Eric's troubles. **It happens.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
It was a very disappointing start to the event for us to say the least we were shooting for very low 9’s but never got anywhere.

At what point did it throw the rod out. Like how far into the pass?

How did Tony end up doing over all? I saw he did put up decent Dyno #s

The 2 1/4 mile passes I saw he had some boost building issues I think

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I wish they had a standings list like they did last year
I haven’t been able to load their website and don’t have Facebook so I’m oblivious to what has happened :confused: