U1064 and U1026 codes

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Buddy calls me with these codes on his 06 lbz. I cruise over and check it out. Truck will start then die 3 seconds later. Radio won't shut off at first, door locks don't work, dash lights don't work and sun roof won't work. Now the radio won't turn on as well as truck will stay running about 50% of the time and die 50% of the time. Security light does not come on when it dies.

He went and picked up a buddies camper and towed it a few miles no problem. Parked the truck for 20 min and went to leave and that's when it started having issues.

Does it sound like the BCM is failing or something along the class 2 data line? I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, just trying to get some ideas.

Another odd thing is when it does stay running, regardless of the windows not working and other little things not working like tow haul, dash lights, sun roof.. the truck runs and drives great.

There isn't much info on that U1064 code online.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
U1064 is no communication between BCM and TCM. Hook up a Tech 2 and go into BCM and see what codes are in there. Could be no voltage or ground or even a bad BCM.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Just from what we have seen, we are leaning towards a bad BCM but don't want to throw parts at it until we dig into it some more.

Sucks not having the required tools to diagnose stuff. I have a buddy with a tech2, hopefully he can part with it for a few hours.