Tx Guys-- Who's headed to Little River Diesel Throwdown IV ?

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Derek are you racing? How's the turn out?
Yeah I got runner up in 7.70 index and knocked out in the 2nd round by the guy who won in sportsman. Pretty good turn out. Maybe not as many as last time but still a lot of trucks. It was fun

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Goin to try to make it and run the Denali. Gotta get the ok from my wife... :D. Unless I get tied up at the shop :mad:
I didn't see you there Russ. I guess you couldn't make it. Remember that trans you sold my buddy Jakemax04? Well, the truck he built that trans for showed up and put down over 600 hp on the dyno. I will see if I can find a video of the pull.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I didn't see you there Russ. I guess you couldn't make it. Remember that trans you sold my buddy Jakemax04? Well, the truck he built that trans for showed up and put down over 600 hp on the dyno. I will see if I can find a video of the pull.

No sir, I stayed down here and tuned/clutched atv's on the dyno all day. Didn't get done in time to make it out.

600 is healthy!! 2wd?

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
No sir, I stayed down here and tuned/clutched atv's on the dyno all day. Didn't get done in time to make it out.

600 is healthy!! 2wd?
Yeah 614 and the dyno operator said this dyno was a little tight. 4wd Jake took the rear housing off the one that came out and installed it on this trans. With just one 200k stock cp3 I was very impressed. I didn't know you tuned atv's. You have a dyno? You coulda tuned mine.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Yup, it's a hobby of mine. Second dyno on the way from Montana.

I clutched a twin turbo maverick and single turbo commander on Saturday. Those are the fun ones!

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Yup, it's a hobby of mine. Second dyno on the way from Montana.

I clutched a twin turbo maverick and single turbo commander on Saturday. Those are the fun ones!
Awesome! I know who to call when I get my sxs. My dad just bought a wildcat X and loves it! It's not the fastest but the suspension on that thing is amazing! Still goes pretty good. I didn't take sxs serious until a turbo rzr road a wheelie past me in the sand drags at Little Sahara in Oklahoma. What kind of power was that twin maverick making? Any engine work besides turbos? The new maverick comes with a turbo now but really expensive!