Two V2's old one not working now

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
So I bought another V2, updated my laptop to V8 and it works. I'm trying to update my old V2 boot block via v2, and it seems to just be thinking. "boot block upgrade in progress, do not disturb" and the yellow lights are alternating. It said a few min, but it's been a long time. Any help or ideas?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
A boot block update should be really quick... I'm guessing there is some sort of internal error with the V2 upgrade process. How long has it been exactly? You may just have to disconnect it and retry

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Ended up disconnecting it after 30min of thinking. I'm assuming it's because I updated to V8 with the new V2, and my old V2 was not updated recent. Anybody else have any ideas, I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Connected it to v8 scan tool,the V2 screen was black so it would not let me upgrade the boot block without firmware first. V2 powers back up now, but stuck saying "boot block has been upgraded, lic will upgrade now". After hitting ok on the v2 it says it was successful. Now the v2 goes to the main screen, but v8 cannot "find" the V2 and it won't read when connected to the obd port. What did I screw up now lol..