Twins!!!!

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Can a HTT 5571 with the SS exhaust housing be used in a twin set up. I would like it to be the small twin. It would be on a built motor of course.

Phil

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
So what would be used as the "big" turbo?

Phil

You need to look at the boost map of the specific turbo then you will be able see when it runs of its map then you can select a turbo based off that. Someone here with more knowledge than me will be able to help you

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Can a HTT 5571 with the SS exhaust housing be used in a twin set up. I would like it to be the small twin. It would be on a built motor of course.

Phil

I think Nathan was going to use the HTT as the smaller turbo on some of his kits

Are you planning on building your own kit or MPI?

codyn

Aug 26, 2007
urbana ohio
i will have a small set done i think in 2 weeks if i dont have a problems it will use a stock turbo then im working on a bigger set this winter.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I think Nathan was going to use the HTT as the smaller turbo on some of his kits

i also heard nathan was working on a kit with the s300 as the small turbo, i think i'm going go to try to get one of the first sets i think he said they were a couple months out. but i heard this from another shop who supply's him with some his turbo's .

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008

I would love to do my own but I don't have a good pipe bender. All the brackets would be no problem but the tubes would be a problem.

Phil

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
I would love to do my own but I don't have a good pipe bender. All the brackets would be no problem but the tubes would be a problem.

Phil
Pipe Bender!........................hahahhahahahahahhahahha, if you think that's how Nathan builds his plumbing, you have a LOOOOOONG way to go!:rofl:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
As the little guy?

No, he was asking what to use as a primary with htt66.

Think the 480 is too conservative, more along the lines of a 510, but those things are monsters & probably would be better off with a Garrett to save space. Probably better to get a 62/64 over a 480 to give quick spool & good top end.

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Pipe Bender!........................hahahhahahahahahhahahha, if you think that's how Nathan builds his plumbing, you have a LOOOOOONG way to go!:rofl:

I guess that because I have never seen one of his kits I would not know that. Have you ever looked at both pages of there web site? If it is done with a tig and some tubes I will be all set. After 12 years of tig welding stainless and aluminum pipe I think I would do OK. That's pretty cool that you laugh at people trying to learn. Maby we should have a conversation about how the dry matter content of a once pressed soy bean bypass effects the lactation period of a first calf heifer. Maby you would like to explain to me how the PMD's and the DCR work on a Westfaila Surge 50 stall rotary parlor. If not, than shut up.

Phil

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
By once pressed soybean bypass I am assuming you are talking about soybean meal.

On a young non lactating cow soybean meal is a good source of protein since young calfs and heifers cannont digest NPNs due to the fact that farmers feed ther heifers low quality roughages. As for its effects on the first lactation I dont know I quit dealing with cows 5 years ago.

You shoudl think before getting beligerent on here. He was just amking a statement not calling you out. You never know there may be a dairy farmer reading up on your posts:D

As for the HTT, nathan IS using either an HTT or a BD as the small turbo its your choice.

I just talked to him this afternoon about his "BIG" twin kit. I may be running it this season.

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
By once pressed soybean bypass I am assuming you are talking about soybean meal.

On a young non lactating cow soybean meal is a good source of protein since young calfs and heifers cannont digest NPNs due to the fact that farmers feed ther heifers low quality roughages. As for its effects on the first lactation I dont know I quit dealing with cows 5 years ago.

You shoudl think before getting beligerent on here. He was just amking a statement not calling you out. You never know there may be a dairy farmer reading up on your posts:D

As for the HTT, nathan IS using either an HTT or a BD as the small turbo its your choice.

I just talked to him this afternoon about his "BIG" twin kit. I may be running it this season.

You never know when there is a dairy farmer writing the post. If defending your self against getting laughed at wile trying to learn something is being beligerent, than I am guilty. If I didn't work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and have other hobies like long range benchrest shooting and installing superchargers on C6 corvettes I would probabaly have the time to sit here and learn every little detail about all the diesel stuff out there. Then I wouldn't have to ask a question. Thank you for your info about the chargers.

Phil