twins question

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
I have the HSP twin kit right now, s475/stock. And was tossing the idea around about getting a modded VVT in the valley. Whats everyones opinion on it, as like a fleece 63,64 or others. I have stock cp3/injectors. 106k miles

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Danville makes some very nice drop in chargers. They make cheetah style turbos and 4094 based chargers. I would think a billet 4094 or his billet 2.5 in the valley would go good! You might be in need of some more fuel though.

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
You still have the stock engine?
If so more fuel is the next step, but it may be more power than the engine can handle.
Just my .02 cents

from mobile

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Some 30-45% over injectors would be a good addition to your setup and would allow the tuner to back down the PW and Timing.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Some 30-45% over injectors would be a good addition to your setup and would allow the tuner to back down the PW and Timing.
I agree. Some 45% overs would definitely be a better place to start. Your turbo setup will make more power than the stock fuel system is capable of.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

I agree. Some 45% overs would definitely be a better place to start. Your turbo setup will make more power than the stock fuel system is capable of.

Yup, injectors make a tremendous difference:thumb: 60 overs turned my vvt4094 into a much more responsive turbo and gave me a bit more mid range power too, just bit more cuz I'm still an a stock bottom end and can't utilize a more aggressive tune...yet

Imho, a Danville stg2 2.5 charger would rip with an s475....;)

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
your current set up can get you upwards of 750rwhp. no need for more air right now. Next thing i would do is some injectors (40-60%) IMO and then start thinking about a bottom end build.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
your current set up can get you upwards of 750rwhp. no need for more air right now. Next thing i would do is some injectors (40-60%) IMO and then start thinking about a bottom end build.

This. Although if I were in your position I would just keep that stock lbz pump with some sticks and hope for the best. Stock pump and good tuning would make some good power and would be reasonably safe.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
This. Although if I were in your position I would just keep that stock lbz pump with some sticks and hope for the best. Stock pump and good tuning would make some good power and would be reasonably safe.

Lol, this...I was quite pleased with just a set of +60 injectors and my stock LBZ pump and the vvt4094

And what Dustin said...

Although you can utilize better tuning/power with bigger sticks, you've already got enough air for stock piston and rod busting power, saving up for the engine build may serve you better, I sometimes wish I had built my engine, rather than upgrading the turbo, injectors, intercooler and mani/up pipes....and the lift:eek:

Although I do love my truck and am very pleased with its ability:D

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
What would be a guess of the horsepower number I am around. I have 305/50/20 tires and stock height. I know cp3's get weak with lot of miles, I have 106k. 60k of them the truck was bone stock. Does the mileage really affect it that much?