Question: Twin / Single Longevity

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
I've got the bug and I'm wanting a turbo. (I hope Mike L. doesn't read this, I swore I wasn't going any further with performance :roflmao:) Here is my question, Can you run twins or a single without head-studs and a motorbuild and expect longevity? I would like to run the track a small amount, but it will mostly be a DD.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
yes you can do either twins or a single without the build. just stay conservative on the tuning if you are really worried about it.

my buddy has been running an s480 over stock twin set up on an lb7 for 4+ years and his trucks runs fine. no head studs, stock cp3 and injectors.

Last edited:

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
You can do it pretty easily. Just don't turn up the wick to much. There are guys that see 50psi + with out headstuds.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Just don't add to much fuel! OOOR... keep the stock setup and save the money. Then buy a short block and add pistons and rods to it.
Wouldn't have to worry about breaking anything. You would just have a slow built truck for a little while. Better than a fast blown motor truck though. :)

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Just don't add to much fuel! OOOR... keep the stock setup and save the money. Then buy a short block and add pistons and rods to it.
Wouldn't have to worry about breaking anything. You would just have a slow built truck for a little while. Better than a fast blown motor truck though. :)

kinda wishing i had taken this route lol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Tuning plays the largest role in longevity... Detorque it, stay at 650hp and under you should be good for awhile

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
DAMMIT!!!! I wish this thread would have been here a week ago, i onyy had my big tune written for 515hp cuz im scared of my rods looking like bananas:baby: