Twin setup with Danville 72 question

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The combo all comes down to what exactly you want from the setup and what you expect to get and where you expect to make it. You can go pretty large with the atmosphere charger as long as it stays efficient for the range you are using the truck in. Putting a 488 over a 72mm and expecting to tow with it at 1800rpms and you are going to be pretty sad with the outcome. Far too many times guys want a big number then cry because the drivability of it sucks and that is where they spend 95% of their time with the setup.:thumb:

boosted4life

Apr 11, 2012
That makes sense. I am not going to tow with the truck so that doesn't matter. I am planning on street driving the truck tho a decent amount. It is a fun setup the way it is now with a billet s483 over the dp72. I love the way it runs now but it could always use more power. I am curious if a tct s483 would make that much of a difference over my current setup or if I need to go bigger.

boosted4life

Apr 11, 2012
Sweet thanks for the input. What kind of power could I expect to make with either of those turbos? 250% injectors and dual modified dp pumps?

Nickracer9

May 23, 2012
Just go see Mark and have him do a baseline where you’re at and see what he can do. You might be surprised how much power is gained from a custom tune. He can also monitor cylinder pressure while tuning.