TurboSmart bov

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
The concept is simple, but i dont understand how to wire this unit into the app sensor on a lbz. Does anybody have someone i can reach out to or dm to get some correct info on installing this. Already reached out to hsp who sold this unit with no help.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You would tap into the throttle pedal 0-5V reference to the white wire on the turbosmart BOV controller. You would need a diagram to determine which line carries the 0-5V reference out of the pedal.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I personally have not purchased one but I have setup two customers vehicles with them. One is on a 6.4L Powerstroke and the other is on a LLY duramax and it seems to be working well. The LLY gets driven a TON. That being said, my personal vehicles don't have them and won't until I am forced to.

It works on watching TPS and looking for a change from high to low voltage simulating a throttle chop situation in which it will then open the BOV to release pressure.

Reactions: N2BRK

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
It’s the blue wire on the throttle assembly harness. I also wire both power wires to a switched 12v that way the green light does not stay on. Feel free to pm me if needed.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
It’s the blue wire on the throttle assembly harness. I also wire both power wires to a switched 12v that way the green light does not stay on. Feel free to pm me if needed.
Pm incoming, I have it on the blue wire, and the bov controller is commanding it to "blow off" as the red light illuminates. But I'm not getting any blow off.

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Pm incoming, I have it on the blue wire, and the bov controller is commanding it to "blow off" as the red light illuminates. But I'm not getting any blow off.
Im assuming the truck is running and making boost while youre observing this? if there is no boost to "blow off" it will not open. Ive had a BOV on my truck for about 6 years. I had the race port for about 4 and had to switch it out about every 2 because the diaphragm would tear after a while causing a boost leak i do run about 85lbs of boost at WOT on the big tune though. Ive switched to the turbosmart Big Bubba BOV because it is a piston style instead of a diaphragm. But the thing is massive in comparison.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Im assuming the truck is running and making boost while youre observing this? if there is no boost to "blow off" it will not open. Ive had a BOV on my truck for about 6 years. I had the race port for about 4 and had to switch it out about every 2 because the diaphragm would tear after a while causing a boost leak i do run about 85lbs of boost at WOT on the big tune though. Ive switched to the turbosmart Big Bubba BOV because it is a piston style instead of a diaphragm. But the thing is massive in comparison.
Yes i am observing this under boost. The solenoid has power, and tapped to yellow wire on boost controller, white wire is tapped into the dark blue wire on app sensor, and power and ground to the controller. I see the red light on the controller activate when i let off throttle and see no movement on bov/ or hear it.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Got it fellas, the damn Chinese fuseable link on the solenoid had no power to it... Pulled it apart to inspect the brand new fuse. Looks great. Ohm test it.... Failed. My God that kills me

Reactions: N2BRK

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Got it fellas, the damn Chinese fuseable link on the solenoid had no power to it... Pulled it apart to inspect the brand new fuse. Looks great. Ohm test it.... Failed. My God that kills me
ahhhh yes, i had that issue after about a year of using it. totally slipped my mind