LMM: Turbo vane position 0 to 100% on CTS2

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
Hi all, my LMM in Nissan Patrol has been running real good with Garrett 4094 Turbo, just recently I am seeing the turbo vane positions stick at 100% on hwy cruise and 0% when at idle, this is only after hard accelerate on any tune (dsp5 set up). If I drive it easy on any tune it does not happen at all, until I hard accelerate, it willthen set at 100% when running along and only drop to about 94% when backing off, then will drop straight to 0% at idle and as I accelerate it runs straight back to 100% and stays there.. A bit odd! If I turn it off, everything will be fine (vane % moves around) unless I hard accelerate again..
Normal operating it sits about 84% on cruise and moves all over the place when on and off the throttle, as it always used to but not now...
No codes ..
any ideas ? thanks

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
It's call turbo limp mode and it is caused by a tuning miss match from desired boost vs. actual boost. You need to log both of these pids along with the MM3 rate and right before it happens you should see a huge deviation in the two values. Fix that and it should quit doing that.

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
Hi, ok that makes some sense then, I wonder why it would just start doing this? the only new code I have had for awhile now is the lost comms to gpcm, maybe thats influenced something..
I could try flashing in a std tune and see what that does, maybe there is something up with my custom tune.. (I dont have access to change anything)
Thanks for feedback.