Turbo options for L5P

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I think they are saying entire transplant
That’d make more sense. I was just thinking of a built lbz bottom end with l5p heads just not using the two extra m8 bolts. Not sure what kind of y bridge setup you’d need because I thought I read the intake runners were different on the l5p.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That’d make more sense. I was just thinking of a built lbz bottom end with l5p heads just not using the two extra m8 bolts. Not sure what kind of y bridge setup you’d need because I thought I read the intake runners were different on the l5p.

nope. you would have to run a full L5P top end as the injectors and valve covers wont work from older gens in the L5P heads.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl

Intake runners are different. GM did a good job on design in respect to working on these as well as potential. It’s my favorite truck for a daily driver. Drivability, function and capabilities it is the top Dmax. I have people trying to get me to transplant into my Lbz regular cab but want to use it as a race truck shortened conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Just emailed mark, so ill let you guys know if he has anything planned for the these newer trucks.