Turbo Oil Leak

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I have an oil leak somewhere on my turbo. I'm running a Bullesye S372. I changed out the T4 oil feed line adapter and O-ring. Still have a leak somewhere, more noticeable after towing or running hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I'm going to change the drain line gasket. In wondering if the turbo itself is leaking somewhere.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Check the drain as mentioned already, if the drain is not the leak, it could be bad seals in the turbo. You can pull the down pipe loose and check the outlet of the turbo for oily residue and check the shaft for excessive play. My guess is the drain line.

Looks like you bought Ryan Thacker's old truck.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Check the drain as mentioned already, if the drain is not the leak, it could be bad seals in the turbo. You can pull the down pipe loose and check the outlet of the turbo for oily residue and check the shaft for excessive play. My guess is the drain line.

Looks like you bought Ryan Thacker's old truck.

Yes it is Ryan Thackers old truck. Are you in California or just know Ryan? I'm going to change the drain tube gasket and go from there. Truck runs great, just put the strictly diesel power steering lines on this last weekend, that made a world of difference compared to the leaky factory ones.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Well the turbo is coming out and I'm rebuilding it so I will definitely be able to find the leak.