Turbo Down Pipe

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
I just seen where Diamond Eye Performance is making a turbo direct pipe for my style truck. Does anyone have any other info on it, as far as a price? Thanks!!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I just seen where Diamond Eye Performance is making a turbo direct pipe for my style truck. Does anyone have any other info on it, as far as a price? Thanks!!

I dont know anything about the Diamond eye piece , but i have ran the Pro Flow down pipe and it worked real good, and felt a bit of power difference too , I am a dealer for Fro flow stuff , but cant help ya out on the diamond eye piece , there are a few vendors on here that carry there stuff though .

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
it looks like a shitty design, doesn't look like the wastegate has much room to flow into the downpipe
321055 Turbo Direct Pipe USE.jpg
IMHO the Profab downpipe is the best on the market

Attachments

• 321055 Turbo Direct Pipe USE.jpg
    321055 Turbo Direct Pipe USE.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 34

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
MBRP also has one that is around $250. It looks like RDL's.
The diamond is like 350 but i cant find a picture of the back side to see what they did for the waste gate. it wont work on cal emission turbos. It would be funny if they plated off the waste gate and advertised higher boost pressure :)

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Stay with the RDL. If I knew you were looking for one I could of dropped it off lol as I came from ks mo to md last week lol. Thinking about taking a ride to ocean city md to beat up on some street cars at the show tonight.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
MBRP also has one that is around $250. It looks like RDL's.
The diamond is like 350 but i cant find a picture of the back side to see what they did for the waste gate. it wont work on cal emission turbos. It would be funny if they plated off the waste gate and advertised higher boost pressure :)

They did plate it off, and none of the companies make a downpipe for cal emissions trucks. Thats why I ended up making my own.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
picture of backside dimond eye

Attachments

• downpipe.jpg
    downpipe.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
thats the diamond eye

Yes that's the DE there is more pics of it from when inwas at sema. I told the guys there that the pics they had up sucked everyone thinks the gates blocked off and hell before I left Vegas they had sent me a email with there updated pics to go along with mine. Nice buch of guys to talk with.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I have the ProFab down pipe and up pipes. What I noticed was how much more you can hear the turbo. I drive down the street and people turn and look now. :thumb:

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
The MBRP will work with a CA emissions truck. It was designed to work on both federal and CA emission equipped trucks. My 2002 is a Ca truck.

My 01 is a cal. Truck but came with a federal motor. I gave my old downpipe to someone with a 03 cal truck and it did not line up

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
I have the ProFab down pipe and up pipes. What I noticed was how much more you can hear the turbo. I drive down the street and people turn and look now. :thumb:

Is there a noticeable sound difference to the motor with both the up-pipes and the downpipe? Id like to hear that.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I watched your vids and didnt notice much at idle. I did hear it rumbled like a 7.3 though.

The video doesnt do justice. I have many friends who have heard a LB7 with just 5in. They have all said that my truck sounds WAY louder than any other LB7 with a stock turbo.

In the video I really didnt get to hammer it just because of the area I was in, and I thought there was a cop behind me but it turned out to be a old lady in a Crown Vic behind me :mad:

Like I said, its one of those things you have to hear in person.