turbo blow off valve's

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
I know i have heard them and i like the sound on smaller cars just never heard it on a duramax. I think if some people hear this sound it will possibly scare them off and possibly not even want to race and that saves my motor and fuel lol It doesn't hurt the motor does it???:roflmao:

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I have seen these for sale all over:http://www.xtremediesel.com/BD-Power1047250TurboGuardBlow-OffValve.aspx
are they needed or just another noise maker????? and thanks again you guys helped me every time I asked.:happy2:

We put one on my cousin's ccsb lbz with a built engine and Bullseye s468, you don't even hear it very often, and it isn't loud like on a rice burner, or maybe his location is part of that reason.

It's been a life saver for him, it's very easy to "bark" that turbo and he was eating up thrust washers once a year, even the 360* washer... It's been over 2 years and the thrust is still like new.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I know 2 trucks local to me that have them. Both built engines one triple turbo and the other big twins. When they "blow off" at 60+ psi of boost...it is extremely loud. Since a diesel doesnt run off vacuum pressure, the valve is controlled by a controller that watches boost and throttle position. I believe most kit can be tweaked to your liking as far as sensetivity of the controller watching pedal position to when the valve opens.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
well i am going to put one on if i can put it on with everything in a stock position i had a 61.5mm and am going to a 72mm danville turbo.:D