Turbo bark???

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Ever since I switched my modded cp3 out back to a stock one My turbo will bark when pullin a grade under a load if u get behind in the throttle. What is the cause of this and is it a problem. Hopefully not cause we r 2000 miles awAy from home and just got into Cali on our wAy to glamis with 25000 pounds of trailer behind us.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Specutlation but perhaps if you back off the throttle with that load it bleeds off drive pressure and cant keep the compressor happy and causes it to surge? How much boost are you pushing? Might need to back it down some?

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
Specutlation but perhaps if you back off the throttle with that load it bleeds off drive pressure and cant keep the compressor happy and causes it to surge? How much boost are you pushing? Might need to back it down some?

That is a perfect description...thanks.

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
What up brother. Iam heading out to Glamis to go run the hill on Saturday. If you are around olds hit me up. (626)347-2652 Shaun

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Broken driver side motor mount

Well I have a bigger problem. Just pulled in to ocotillo wells and discovered that I have a broken driver side motor mount. If anyone knows were I can get one in a hurry let me know. I am going to try to turnbuckle it down for a quick fix. If there are any other ideas let me know. I will be headed to Vegas in a day or so.

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
llybyppe passed your number on to me to see if I could help . I am looking for a mount now local . Was nice talking last night Bill ( dracing70 ). Call me like planned around 9am . Making some calls for you now . We'll see if we can get you back on the road to Ohio safely without this issue .

Johnny

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
nice Johnny! always helping someone. Hope you had a great holiday. Good luck on the motor mount. you have john Boyds number right? hes always up to make some money

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Found a motor mount at local dealer to me and got the truck into Mike L.'s for the motor mount replacement . Thanks Mike for hooking them up and making room in todays schedule for them . They are back on the road . Worked out well and a real cool crew of guys .

Nice meeting all of you , have fun in Vegas and a safe trip home to Ohio . :thumb:

Johnny

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Just wanted to give a special heart felt thanks to johney, mike l , Bobby from ppe and Shaun. But especially to johney and mike for helpin me out in a severe pinch. Not to many guys out there like u guys anymore. Thanks again