LBZ: Tune adjustment after new nozzles?

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
I have an EFILive tune on the truck as is, but am wondering if ill need to make some changes or have changes made when I put my injectors back in that have had the 50hp DDP nozzles installed. In addition to these I went with a 3" Y bridge.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Well you don't need to but you should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'd say something was wrong with them. My buddy was running 30% overs in his lb7 with a superchip for a while. Truck ran fine, just smoked more than it should and limped the trans.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
My friend bought my old lbz from me and then it needed injectors about right away (lol), so he got 30% overs and we put them in and he never got it retuned.. I just had a single tow tune from Idaho Rob but it still runs good on that.. Definitely has more power now but don't really even smoke yet..

I would suggest a retune regardless though..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
Sounds like solid advice Ill just have it retuned, we always dyno tune the cars I build when we change injectors and such figured this would be the same thing. Seems like most of the diesel tunes are all done remote. I know ATP has a dyno but do many guys go through the expense to get dyno tunes for the trucks?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The best way to tune a truck is if you have access to a dyno and the tuner can be onsite.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
We've run egt's well into the 2000's without a flame out the stack. You had serious issues.

I had it happen 3 times (that I saw at night), each time I was 125+ mph for over a mile. That truck ALWAYS ran hot, it'd get so hot it'd start loosing speed, don't know why, I've done the same thing with my LMM twice and it's been fine.

On the stock fuel tune with the new injectors it'd cruise on flat ground at 950-1100 egts, you got in it hard and stay in it to fifth it'd choke itself out.

After I thought about it and had it tuned 2-3 times I'm sure the injectors were bigger than they said or had issues. It pulled crazy hard down low and tried harder on top but it'd get too hot.

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
stibuilder, unless you want to get your 45ft car hauler covered in soot ,and loose 20% of your fuel mileage , you should .

I'm getting all my junk together today and just waiting on the deposit for the left testicle ill order the LDS 30% overs this week. Hopefully everything tunes out nice. I have to admit being super skeptical of ETunes, but seems like its the norm for the diesels.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I honestly can't stop laughing at this. Really? A 10" flame...I'd love to see the video.

It only had a 10" flame one time, I was going down rt 8 in butler pa racing a at the time new 2013 cummins, I kept the truck to the floor except for one short strech from where I turned off 228 on to 8 all the way to the super 8 hotel, the other two times was just enough to see a little light out of the side view.

Not really trying to defend anything but you can't make this shit up.