Truck won’t crank

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I have a hard time believing that storing injectors for a year, packaged correctly, would be an issue. In racing and pulling circles this is done all the time. I have done this many times and have installed my cp3s and injectors that have been sitting packaged on the shelf for over a year and have never had an issue.

Now i can see if they are left open or the diesel had water in it but i don't see blaming the injectors being stored the problem.

Looking at that photo, i can see contamination and/or rust from improper storage could surely be an issue.

Just my experience in over ten years of racing and storing fuel parts while new builds are happening.

X2 I put an LBZ back together that was taken apart by another shop and the truck sat for two years. The injectors were not seal or cleaned and the truck started and ran fine after I put it together.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
just going to throw this out there. I have used both cp3s and injectors that have sat for over 2 years with no issue. more than 1 time too. idk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Who knows the real history of these injectors anyway. Let alone how they were stored.

What about vacuum packaging them?
I used atf in cp3 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk