189.3 KB · Views: 11

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
madmatt

Per your Request.

2011 Bluegrass Pulling Series

Rules & Regulations
Class Representatives: Jake Fryman and Scott Willoughby WORK STOCK TRUCKS The Work Stock (WS) class is designed for daily-driven, on-the-road pickup trucks (full-bodied

diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. The vehicle must

be four-wheel drive.

WS followed by competition number

Weight breaks
WS: 8500 lbs. Weight is with driver
REGULATIONS
Ballast: Ballast is permitted. Hanging front weights are permitted. Front Ballast and Ballast

mounting point must be easily removable, but securely mounted. May not exceed 60” from

center line of front axle and must be high enough to clear scale and other pit obstacles. If it hits

the scale it must be removed to pull. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck. If used,

ballast must be securely fastened to the bed. Final decisions rest with the Technical

Department.
Batteries: The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver

compartment, must remain in factory engine compartment OEM location.
Body: The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain

full sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted, no fiberglass. Hood must be closed

and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. A Factory installed pickup bed or

commercial style aftermarket flatbed must be installed.
Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.

Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body

used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube

chassis, etc., are prohibited.
Cooling System: Radiators must be in the stock location and be of at least stock size.
Credentials: All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license. And a proof of valid

insurance may be required
Driveline: An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an

option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Driver Restraint System: The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
Engine: The engine is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM compression ignition engine, available

from the factory in a one ton or smaller truck.
Exhaust: All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit

rearward of the driver’s compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender well are prohibited. If the muffler or catalytic converter have been changed from stock, two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of

each other as close to the turbo as is practical. THIS WILL BE TECHED. Bolt heads welded to

the pipe, or sheet metal screws to mimic this will be grounds for disqualification. Stock turbo’s

will be pushed to their limits in this class.
Fire Extinguisher System: A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely

mounted. All trucks are recommended to have a fire extinguisher securely mounted but easy

access to driver with working gauge.
Firewall: The complete OEM firewall is mandatory.
Floor: The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.
Fuel: The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel

fuel is prohibited. Must be commercially available fuel Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is prohibited. PowerStroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP. Pumps

from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged. P-pumped 24 valves will

be allowed, automotive governor only, No AG Governors. No Sigma or Multi Plunger per

cylinder pumps.

Fuel System: The OEM style fuel tank is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are

prohibited and must be removed from the vehicle.
Harmonic Balancer: All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a

harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements

must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. Trick

hitches will be determined by the Tech official. The hooking point must be the rear-most

point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be

horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or a roll pan

may be installed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking

point must have a minimum 3.50-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking

point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Interior: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory.

Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully

upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained

and be operative.
Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system

components must be removed from the truck.

Propane: Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.

Rear End: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option on a oneton

or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.

Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain

the original OEM power assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted.

Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
Street Equipment: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be

operative and installed during competition. IE Duramax’s must have passenger side headlight

installed. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative

per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical

means.
Suspension, Front: The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory

location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may

be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower

mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut

tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and

devices are permitted. Final decisions rest with the Technical Department.
Suspension, Rear: An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Lowering or raising the vehicle

height with suspension modifications is permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted;

they must be bolt-on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Traction

Bars if installed must have a chain/cable or some other safety device located within 1 foot of

front mounting support to catch the bar in case of failure. All OEM suspension mounting points

must be retained and used. Sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear

suspension must maintain a minimum compression shock travel of one inch compression

stops may be adjustable. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber

per wheel. Airbag spring assistance is permitted; airbag compressors must be disconnected, no

in-cab controls.
Tires: The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.
Tow Vehicles: On Track Tow vehicles are prohibited.
Transfer Case: Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an

option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
Drive Shaft Loops: Are not required but are highly recommended, and may be required by tech

if sever driveline damage occurs regularly Recommended to be at least six inch wide u-joint

shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least ¼ inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will

safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to

the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to

contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.
Kill Switches: Are required on all WS trucks competing for points. All kill switches will be

tested to function properly. P-Pump Trucks SHOULD have a guillotine installed!! This is not

mandatory but use your head.
Transmission, Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque

converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Any non-OEM floor-mounted

automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout

device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral

safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose.

All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must

be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly.

A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and

it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch

overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per

manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and

pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec

4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission

must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield

meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
Transmission, Manual: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. A clutch meeting minimum

SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All

manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles

with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a

flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an

SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that

completely covers the bell housing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the

transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
Turbocharger: The turbocharger is limited to a stock un-modified, OEM/Factory charger

with factory configuration only. Turbochargers from different years and different models may

be interchanged. You are allowed to take a hx35 off a Cummins and put on your Duramax or vice

versa and you are allowed to put a Duramax Turbo in your 82 Chevrolet with a 12 valve) twin

6.4L PowerStroke turbo’s are permitted.
Water Injection: Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed

from the truck.
Intercoolers: Only factory OEM intercoolers permitted.

Wheelbase: The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width. Cab and

chassis trucks may not exceed 172” center to center of axles. Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
see,, this is what i was getting at,, just the other day one of the tech guys up there told me stock appearing and no need to worry about safety equipment. So which is it?? AND I'm not bitching or trying to start shit,, just want those guys up there to do good but all they are gonna manage to do is run people off by allowing people ,who by the rules you just posted, to run illegal turbos. I know of 4 trucks that would be coming up but will not until like requested,, the rules are officially posted and enforced.
I have no problem with BOB rules but I know of maybe 2 trucks that have been there that totally meet those rules and we've spent quite a bit of money to do so. Why break our trucks we've spent a lot of money to comply with class rules when others aren't made to do so? Hell I watched one of the tech guys there not once but twice grab a nitrous line in a WS truck and let it fly. I'll come watch again to hang out with friends and support the guys I know and do work for but I'll probably leave my trucks at home. Its a great facility, close to home, nice equipment and all but they need to figure out what rules they're following and when they're going to.

Last edited:

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
I dont know about that Tech:confused: But they check us out by the book:thumb: Who knows what goes on when the next person pulls up and gets checked in. I do agree stock appearing and no need to worry about safety equipment. Not good!!

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
so you've been teched there and they told you stock unmodified turbo? Heck they can't even plug the 2.6" class cause their plug is solid on the end and wont clear shafts. I know one of the trucks who has pulled there has a 2.6 BOB legal turbo,, I know several other they let hook that are not even close.

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Not trying to start stuff, but I think the Hillbilly pulls are a joke. Justin needs to hire someone who has experience running pulls, and can show him how to properly run a pull. I've heard from a few people that they are not enforcing the BOB rules. The turbo rule for BOB states:
Turbocharger: The turbocharger is limited to a stock un-modified, OEM/Factory charger

with factory configuration only. Turbochargers from different years and different models may

be interchanged. You are allowed to take a hx35 off a Cummins and put on your Duramax or vice

versa and you are allowed to put a Duramax Turbo in your 82 Chevrolet with a 12 valve) twin

they are not following that. I know of a few trucks they have allowed to pull with modified turbos. And are they checking the protrusion and map groove in the 2.6 class? I know myself and Jon Jon will not go back out there. I've said that since I went the first year they started having pulls and I got stiffed on payout after I had to pull off twice even though I put 40ft on the nearest guy both times:mad:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Not trying to start stuff, but I think the Hillbilly pulls are a joke. Justin needs to hire someone who has experience running pulls, and can show him how to properly run a pull. I've heard from a few people that they are not enforcing the BOB rules. The turbo rule for BOB states:

they are not following that. I know of a few trucks they have allowed to pull with modified turbos. And are they checking the protrusion and map groove in the 2.6 class? I know myself and Jon Jon will not go back out there. I've said that since I went the first year they started having pulls and I got stiffed on payout after I had to pull off twice even though I put 40ft on the nearest guy both times:mad:

No they are not and could not check anything on turbos the last time i was there. As a matter of fact the tech guy even asked me what a certain turbo was on a truck and he had no clue who i was or who i was with. Not checking for 3/4" straight bore in front of the wheel either.
They need to write rules that work for them and not trying to run rules they have no idea about and how to enforce.