Truck not starting well after it gelled up

Mar 27, 2008
Sheridan, IN.
Last week I gelled up, Put PS 911 in the tank and replaced the the filter filling with 50/50 diesel/ 911. Got it started, now for the questions (1) I have to crank on it for a while before it starts up (2) when it gets warmed up and is idling it kind of lopes a little bit. Any one have any Ideas.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Last week I gelled up, Put PS 911 in the tank and replaced the the filter filling with 50/50 diesel/ 911. Got it started, now for the questions (1) I have to crank on it for a while before it starts up (2) when it gets warmed up and is idling it kind of lopes a little bit. Any one have any Ideas.

Ummmmm? Larry, you start drinkin already?:hello:

:p

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Could it have been a bad tank of fuel also? Maybe that is why it's running like crap?

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Not sure what to tell ya Nate without having efi live to do some scanning. Sounds fuel related. Injector maybe from the gelling??

Go run the Sh!t out of it, sometimes that fixes my probs:D

Mar 27, 2008
Sheridan, IN.
I had a half of tank of this crap fuel, I wen and topped it off hoping that would help, I double treated it with stanadyne performance Formula, still runs like crap. I hate winter, this sucks.

I am not getting any DTC codes, wish I had EFI, but I am waiting on the switchable tuning and the money before I buy it.

Last edited:

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Guess I missed that................................

you still earned a de-merit though ;)

From what? Toe-nails? The referee would not stand for toes like that!! I think Chris was in the Green stuff lastnight and was seeing things..

Nate, I don't know the symptom's of bad fuel.. We don't get that crap down south.