LLY: Truck Died Lastnight

brunok

jngahsfvjkafui
May 13, 2009
San Angelo/Kerrville, TEXAS
So truck was parked for about 2 months, went and picked her back up made a couple 80 mile trips then out of no where she just dies cruising about 80mph.:confused::(:mad:

Cranks but no fire... Had to leave her behind and jump in the other truck and call a wrecker.

Im stressed i didnt have time to look her over and i really dont like a shop i dont know touching my truck. Just had to vent to some people who might care. :hug:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
But after driving to 80 mile trips? Mine sits for months

If it's a fuel issue it's a big one. :( Hopefully not

Time for some diagnostics. First thing I would have done is return it to stock

Rand1027

Somewhere huffing diesel
Oct 5, 2009
Ruston, La
My lly did something like this when i had it, the fuel filter houseing cracked and was letting air in the lines would turn over fine but no fire. Also one time before when an injector wire got cut all of these were recalls and was paid for by gm.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
But after driving to 80 mile trips? Mine sits for months

If it's a fuel issue it's a big one. :( Hopefully not

Time for some diagnostics. First thing I would have done is return it to stock

mine had a pin hole in the pick up tube where it would die out of nowhere if the fuel level dropped enough to suck air. It may be something like that. its uncommon for an ecm issue to cause a stall and no start. also if some water developed and it sucked it in, ect. besides the lly harness issues engine electrical stall/no start issues are very uncommon on these trucks. all years.

brunok

jngahsfvjkafui
May 13, 2009
San Angelo/Kerrville, TEXAS
My lly did something like this when i had it, the fuel filter houseing cracked and was letting air in the lines would turn over fine but no fire. Also one time before when an injector wire got cut all of these were recalls and was paid for by gm.

DING!!! we have a winner! Housing cracked, all fixed and rolling. Now to park it till 2012... Dont drink and drive:(