Truck cuts out during idle and normal Driveing

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I am haveing a issue with my truck cutting out while im driveing and some times at idle. the best way to describe it is get in your truck drive down the road with your foot on the gas an turn the key off then back on again really quick. its feels like that it just cuts out at random verry quickley. it seems to do it more on a bummpy freeway or road but some times it wont due it at all. i have logged the truck no codes and nothing i can see is turning off or cutting out like fuel or power. i have checked my grounds and harness to no avail. any sugestions or help would be great. I also just changed my fuel filter so thats not it ether. trucks runs perrfect when its not cutting out and will light the tires from a dead stop even with a stock tune in it now. :confused: Thanks

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
What does your voltage and whatnot show when this happens Tommy? Double check connections to alternator etc.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
What does your voltage and whatnot show when this happens Tommy? Double check connections to alternator etc.

its around 13.5v doesent really move at all. have checked alt as well nothing loose truck charges fine. I would think if its a battery elctrical or charging problem my radio or lights would shut off but nothing other then the motor cutting out happens stilll :confused: thanks For the ideas keep them coming

05maxlly

need used tires
Jan 27, 2008
powhatan, va
mine seems to do the same not as bad as urs and it cherps from under the dash some where do mean to high jack but thought i was only one having this problem cause it seems so weird

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
mine seems to do the same not as bad as urs and it cherps from under the dash some where do mean to high jack but thought i was only one having this problem cause it seems so weird

thats weird. no noises under my dash thoe. :confused:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mine does the same thing but I get a 1624 code.
Which means????

I would double check your ecm connections and your timing sensor connections Tommy. Maybe even pop the cover off of the fuse box and check those connections as well.

Electrical random gremlins like that can be hard to find sometimes. You almost need to log it and hopefully catch while recording and see if you can find the problem.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
ok update hit the ecm this morning with a rubber malett and unplugged my bale connectoprs and plugged back in. Went for a 2 hr drive no more issues. guess it just needed a swift kick in the ass LOL :confused: more then likely something in the bale connector had a bad connection.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
not uncommon. they cause more issues that go undiaged. if your worried about it there is a product called stabilant 22 electrical contact enhancer. i have used it a few times for stupid things like that and it seemed to help.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Glad to hear you,uh,got it fixed.:D

so far so good thanks. I will keep the malett in the front seat for a couple days just incase LOL. Its weird i would of never of thought that just unpluuging an replugging in the bale connectors would fix it. glad it wasent something else. It was also strange that it would never thorw a code or even when it did it when i was logging nothing showed up on the log as strange. Oh well LOL