Trouble with 1/8m consistency..

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Well went to the track Friday night and I finally broke into the 7s. My time was 7.94 and a 1.4 60'. Not sure how accurate this slip is or if the solar system aligned just right because I'm usually around low 8s but it's hard to find that consistent launch...

Here's the kicker that was on 305/45/22s and to top it off my rear shocks are bottomed out because they were the same ones I used with my 6" pro comp lift :roflmao:

Next time I hit the track I should have some qa1s in the rear and a new steering stabilizer. Keep in mind I have the basics covered to keep my front tires pointing straight but I'm having the toughest time from keeping my rears from spinning even in 4wd. My rear barely squats at all during my launch. It's hard to say what's causing my rear wheels to spin but I'm just not sure what I need, it got worse after I rotated my tires too. There's a lot more to it but I'm not trying to write a Novel here. Any tips would be appreciated..

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Well went to the track Friday night and I finally broke into the 7s. My time was 7.94 and a 1.4 60'. Not sure how accurate this slip is or if the solar system aligned just right because I'm usually around low 8s but it's hard to find that consistent launch...

Here's the kicker that was on 305/45/22s and to top it off my rear shocks are bottomed out because they were the same ones I used with my 6" pro comp lift :roflmao:

Next time I hit the track I should have some qa1s in the rear and a new steering stabilizer. Keep in mind I have the basics covered to keep my front tires pointing straight but I'm having the toughest time from keeping my rears from spinning even in 4wd. My rear barely squats at all during my launch. It's hard to say what's causing my rear wheels to spin but I'm just not sure what I need, it got worse after I rotated my tires too. There's a lot more to it but I'm not trying to write a Novel here. Any tips would be appreciated..

What was your mph? 7.95 1/8th seems plenty reasonable if you have a turbo, that's a mid 12 second 1/4. The 1.4 60' seems a little suspect however. Usually 9 second trucks are getting in the 1.4's. My truck does low 1.5x and runs in the low 10's with drag radials.

Those 22" wheels aren't helping anything.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
What was your mph? 7.95 1/8th seems plenty reasonable if you have a turbo, that's a mid 12 second 1/4. The 1.4 60' seems a little suspect however. Usually 9 second trucks are getting in the 1.4's. My truck does low 1.5x and runs in the low 10's with drag radials.

Those 22" wheels aren't helping anything.

85.7mph. If it helps I'm running an s475 at sea level exactly. So turbo lag isn't really an issue. I usually run 8-8.2. I just can't figure out how to make my launches consecutive... That night my times were all over the place. I'm surprised I even hit the 7s.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Gotta work on the start line procedure if you arent relatively consistent, too. Bring truck up to same rpm the same way every time, bump into lights same way, etc.

Weather can play a factor, too. Cooler, drier weather usually equals better times.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I am finding it hard to believe the 1.4 60ft time. Is it possible that you smoked the beams? Just seems really fast for a truck with junk shocks on 22s.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Yeah like I said the slip seems shady. So what's a good combination of rpm/boost to launch at? I usually tryi to bring it up to 8ish psi. Ever since I switch to this s400 I've been having a hard time trying to figure out where to launch it at.

Also would removing the overloads and a spring help with weight transfer any?

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Yeah like I said the slip seems shady. So what's a good combination of rpm/boost to launch at? I usually tryi to bring it up to 8ish psi. Ever since I switch to this s400 I've been having a hard time trying to figure out where to launch it at.

Also would removing the overloads and a spring help with weight transfer any?

Try using the rpm instead of boost. It gives you a lot better resolution so once you find the sweet spot you have a big ole gauge with lots of sweep so you can see where you are.

And yes, doing those things will help.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Thanks a bunch guys. I have till the 29th to get everything ready. Tonight I'll go out and find a vacant road to practice my launches.