Triples/stock

Bfox111

Jan 12, 2011
Georgia
Following. I have a s256 based triple kit I need to install on my stock turbo lbz, but I'm scared to blow the motor lol.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
There was a guy over on the DF a couple years ago with that setup. He ended up selling the truck and the new owner built the engine and changed the turbo setup around. It ran well while it was stock charger though.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I feel like 2x366 will flow a ton more air than the stock charger is capable of handling. If you ever turn it up at all drive pressure will be through the roof because of the limitation in the valley. A couple of 366s over a danville 68R or 72R would make more sense to me.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I feel like 2x366 will flow a ton more air than the stock charger is capable of handling. If you ever turn it up at all drive pressure will be through the roof because of the limitation in the valley. A couple of 366s over a danville 68R or 72R would make more sense to me.

Valley will be upgraded when rods and pistons are added.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
A pair of SXE364's over the stock turbo would be decent I would think. The amount of fuel you throw at it will limit what happens with it but twins would be a lot easier to do at that point too.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
A pair of SXE364's over the stock turbo would be decent I would think. The amount of fuel you throw at it will limit what happens with it but twins would be a lot easier to do at that point too.

364.5 was original plan, but wanted room to grow and 366 were actually cheaper. Will run your 68 in valley

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
A quote from DuramaxHD set up. Two 360s over stock. I actually purchased this kit from him to put in my 72. I also put a link to his thread on here but his is a LB7 though. And if I remember right it didnt take long for him to window the block.
The results:
This is/was a test setup. They are larger then the base triple kit and Trent wanted to see how they would react with the stock charger in the valley. I added a batmo wheel to the mix as I felt it would be worth it considering the application and knew couldn't hurt. All I can say is every time this thing comes up on boost. It flat out rips and is down right scary now. I haven't played with it in any large tunes as I'm very gunshy but on my old twins 'daily driving' tune, its faster then twins on my race tune Anything under a 55mph roll on, the truck is sets the tires on fire. The spool is whats incredible though. It out spools the stock/475 twin application by a long shot. Trent was concerned with it having issues spooling due to the size, but so far with how I have the gate setup, its wicked. I still have some videos to send Trent and play with the gate some more, but will keep this updated and more pics/vids to follow

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39790

Last edited:

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
A quote from DuramaxHD set up. Two 360s over stock. I actually purchased this kit from him to put in my 72. I also put a link to his thread on here but his is a LB7 though. And if I remember right it didnt take long for him to window the block.
The results:
This is/was a test setup. They are larger then the base triple kit and Trent wanted to see how they would react with the stock charger in the valley. I added a batmo wheel to the mix as I felt it would be worth it considering the application and knew couldn't hurt. All I can say is every time this thing comes up on boost. It flat out rips and is down right scary now. I haven't played with it in any large tunes as I'm very gunshy but on my old twins 'daily driving' tune, its faster then twins on my race tune Anything under a 55mph roll on, the truck is sets the tires on fire. The spool is whats incredible though. It out spools the stock/475 twin application by a long shot. Trent was concerned with it having issues spooling due to the size, but so far with how I have the gate setup, its wicked. I still have some videos to send Trent and play with the gate some more, but will keep this updated and more pics/vids to follow

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39790

I'm concerned but not as much with advancements in tuning

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Your going to make it lazy with tuning and will never see the full advantage of the quick spool up till you build the engine. That's how you "detorque" it. You make the fueling come on harder higher in the rpm range making the low end feel slow. Advancement in tuning won't do you much good as it still stakes x amount of fuel to make y amount of power. Yes kris could have detorqued his setup more and you have little better rods but it negates the point of very quick spool up and power that they were testing for.