Transmission Screwed

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
So i have a 2015. Has a twin turbo setup and a cp3 10mm setup on it, stock transmission been good for about 50,000 miles with no problems.. as you can tell i dont really drive my truck hard at all.

So i few days before we had a snow storm, i had a few parking lots to plow. No issues, never had any slipping, truck was used again the day after no issue, sat for a day, and then last night my girl wanted me to come by so i left my house, let it warm up 1 remote start cycle and then left. I pulled from the stop sign the truck basically went like into neutral and then jammed into gear which from what ive been told is the limp mode enabling... then i got a p0700 and a p0716 problem. I was going to buy a sensor today but i realized and found out it was internal on the transmission and i really dont want to be bothered.. Any other ideas what could have went bad? Possibly the harness or anything like that? Because if im going to have to open up the transmission and drop the fluid im just going to end up building the transmission and turning the power up on my truck.

Thanks

Mark

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Turbine speed sensor bad or possibly wires to the sensor. Burnt clutches causing no gear train pull down at a stop. I'm guessing clutches.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
Hmmm im hoping its not the clutches im going to grab a sensor monday and ill swap it on.. I was told yesterday by someone the sensor was inside the transmission and i was like @%@ but after evan from limitless hit me up and showed me where it was i just want to swap it.

I am located on Long Island in NY

Deny

Oct 30, 2016
i had a wiered thing happen to me a while back 2005 gmc 2500 Truck was stuck in one gear would not shift up or down. Stopped motor restarted same thing , so i disconnected both bateries waited a few minutes reconected and every thing was good. Hasent happened since ????

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
i had a wiered thing happen to me a while back 2005 gmc 2500 Truck was stuck in one gear would not shift up or down. Stopped motor restarted same thing , so i disconnected both bateries waited a few minutes reconected and every thing was good. Hasent happened since ????

Hmm i could try that.

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA

Thats what happens when it limps, stays in 3rd. Disconnecting batteries resets the codes. It will happen again, and it happens easier and easier each time it happens. Next time read codes before resetting.

What did you do immediately before it happened?

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
Thats what happens when it limps, stays in 3rd. Disconnecting batteries resets the codes. It will happen again, and it happens easier and easier each time it happens. Next time read codes before resetting.

What did you do immediately before it happened?

literally remote started the truck for 1 cycle, 10 minutes, and then went out started it turned around got to my stop sign and went to go and when i was in 2nd gear it did the slip and grab and engine light, i pulled code all 4 times it happened and i reset it.. it was the P0700 and P0716 .. Wasnt even on the throttle much, maybe 10%

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
Have you dropped the pan yet? How much clutch material was/is there? Fluid burnt?

I have not yet.. i just talked to evan at Limitless and he said he can have a full trans ready to go in a couple days so i might just pull mine drive up there swap it and put the built on one.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
You’re running twins and a bigger pump on a stock trans. I’d bet money your clutches are fried af.

yea i was told it wouldnt last 5-10k miles.. glad i got 50k out of it.. im thinking the snow storm i plowed in the other day might have burnt them up we had like 16 inches of snow and it was heavy pushes.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I have not yet.. i just talked to evan at Limitless and he said he can have a full trans ready to go in a couple days so i might just pull mine drive up there swap it and put the built on one.

Better make sure it's the trans first, could be the truck causing problems...

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA
literally remote started the truck for 1 cycle, 10 minutes, and then went out started it turned around got to my stop sign and went to go and when i was in 2nd gear it did the slip and grab and engine light, i pulled code all 4 times it happened and i reset it.. it was the P0700 and P0716 .. Wasnt even on the throttle much, maybe 10%

Sorry, that post was meant for the other guy.....

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Better make sure it's the trans first, could be the truck causing problems...

Nah, his trans is toast next week or the week after if it isn't yet ;). Might as well utilise all the fun stuff under the hood for a change. Glad Mike chimed in and you got in touch with Evan as well.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
So just pulled my connector to the sensor and checked the wiring didnt see any issues and reconnected it and the truck just drove fine for about 25 miles stop and go.. so i guess ill see how it goes over the next few days.