Transmission Blanket.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Guy

I found and old thread on some other site about Transmission blankets. It said you where having some made. Both full trans blankets and Bell housing blankets. I need a SFI 4.1 Bell housing blanket badly for my ZF6. I have no idea how long the Allison ones are. I need one that is 57" long at least 10" wide. Do you have anything?:)

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
I had some prototypes made for the Allison per the rules 2 years ago, they needed to cover the entire bellhousing to the tail shaft. I made cutouts for the NSBU switch and trans lines and even added heat reflective material to protect the blanket from the down pipe.

I was told it was a pain to install and that you couldn't drive around with them as they would overheat the trans, then the sanctioning bodies reduced their requirements to any old generic trans blanket you buy online and strap on with duct tape. :eek: (kidding about the duct tape)

So I let the project die.

After reading this thread I contacted the customer who has the prototype and asked him to return it so I can see about getting more made. I'll update you in a few days.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Thanks Guy.

I tried ordering one from Stroud. The did not want to tell me that they dont like making blankets over 48" long. They wasted a month of my time. I did get a hold of Deist Safety today. They think they can help me but the could not find a tape measure to see how long there longest blanket was.

FWIW. I need a SFI 4.1 bellhousing blanket not a full trans one. 12" wide by 57" long. I do not need holes in it.