Transgo Jr question

68ss

Dec 30, 2019
Mike what does the trans go jr do for a stock transmission? I have 145k on mine. Is it worth it?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Transgo Jr will allow C3 and C4 clutches to apply with full main line pressure ( 230psi) instead of control main pressure ( 124psi). It is helpfull to a certain extent but you still can't play hard without more pressure and better clutches if you run a programmer (tune). There is a lot more to this but enough for now.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Hey Mike why not tell him to pair the Trans-go with the Ratio-tek kit. That is what i have on my truck and love it. Time will tell how long my trans will last.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Why would you tear down a trans for a PR spring and not build it?
Because i had trans out anyway and it’s a whole lot cheaper than building the trans and makes it hold a lot more. Buys time to get money around for the real build.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
But i do get the point like for OP he would have to drop trans to do the ratio-tek kit. But i still say its a lot cheaper than a built trans and makes it hold good for just moderate tuning like what the OP seems to be after.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
8WsTL2t.jpg

Seemed appropriate. :ROFLMAO:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Tom
You've lived up to your lead moderator expectations.(y) That's why you make the big bucks. LOL Glad I'm no where near you as I would probably get hit with a beer bottle. :p
Love ya Tom.:giggle:

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Put in the trans-go, load up the ole 150 tune, lock it in 4th and let her eat. You will be limited to about 85 mph but you can have some fun! You will have to build it eventually but a friend of mine done that for maybe a year and a half and the trans was still holding strong when he had it built. O and he ran the max effort tune a few times. Truck had 300K miles on it ;)(y)

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Yep that’s right. Local shop here had a 03 duramax the guy put in the ratio-tek and trans-go kits and was holding 500hp for quit awhile. After numerous burn outs and dirt drag passes it did let go.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Like Mike said though, if I thought I was going to have to be inside the trans I would just turn the power down until I could afford to put clutches and a converter in it. Too much labor otherwise

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I'm with Mike on this one, dropping the trans to do a RatioTek on a bone stock trans is not a great use of time and money just to gain a little more time. If the trans comes out it should be build properly and not bandaided. It is more money for sure but I like to "buy once cry once" and not worry about things again.

To the OP, a TransgoJr on a 6spd does help. Use Mike's springs as opposed to the Transgo supplied trim springs.