LMM: Transgo JR and other parts needed?

jevs

2008 CCLB 4x4
Apr 10, 2016
Missouri
I decided since I am changing my fluids, transmission lines, and inner and outer filters that I might as well also install the Transgo Jr kit while I am in there.

I have some questions.

What else do I need to buy besides the Transgo Jr kit.
Someone said to get Mike L trim springs.
I see there are some other upgrade springs listed on websites like upgraded shift valve springs. Do i need these?
I also see that Transgo offers an A1 Shift Valves kit. I cannot find much info on these, but I called them and they made it sound like it would be a good idea to avoid issues.

So, at first I thought I just needed to buy an inexpensive Transgo Jr kit, but now there seems to be a bunch of other things to get along with it.

Can someone give me a complete list of what I should be buying and putting in based on what is available now? It seems like the shift valves from Transgo are kind of new? I only want to drop the pan once and want to make sure I put in the right parts.

nsolimini

Sep 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
Trans go Jr
Mike L Trim Springs
RatioTek shift solenoid springs.

Now all you really need is the Transgo, but if you want a little better performance do them all.

jevs

2008 CCLB 4x4
Apr 10, 2016
Missouri
I ordered the following for my transmission so far to get it all nice and serviced:

29539579 Allison External Spin On Filter
29549684 ACDelco 29549684 GM Transmission Fluid Pan Gasket
112810 Mobil 112810 Delvac Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
T121167 Transgo SK Allison JR Shift Kit
RT-A-ES DHD RT-A-ES Shift Valve Springs
TRIMSPRING Mike L High Capacity Trim Springs
29542833 Allison Standard Sump Internal Filter ACDelco Professional
Al-FLT-LOC-S SunCoast Al-FLT-LOC-S Allison Shallow Pan Filter Lock
FPE-TL-LBZ-LMM Fleece Allison Transmission Cooler Lines

I do not know the condition of the pan gasket. I know it is reusable. It is not leaking now, but there is a possibility it is the original with 297k on it. I figured better safe than sorry to have it in hand.

I went ahead and got the filter lock just because it was cheap insurance.

jevs

2008 CCLB 4x4
Apr 10, 2016
Missouri
Make sure you have the magnet on the filter. Most trucks I see they are missing.

Already have a nice bold all caps message in my parts spreadsheet as follows:
"MAKE SURE MAGNET IS IN OLD FILTER AND MOVE TO NEW ONE"
:thumb: