Trans tune question

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
No lol that thing is a POS. just wirte the tune so in tow haul it won't down shift after upshifting to OD its easy to do. just don't forget to click tow haul off while coasting down then once your ready to take another stab at it turn t/h back on and once its in OD let er rip tator chip!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i never had much issue with the DVT but we would turn the function on, click "4th gear" while it was rolling along in 5th, wait for the down shift and converter lock, then 3rd gear to see if it would down shift to 3rd as it should, then click back to 4th gear, then do the dyno pull and do this over again on the next run. sounds like alot but its simple once you do it a time or two. it will hold the gear every time then. only time ive had it not work is back to back runs and not following my little system. i think completely letting off the throttle kills the DVT from working but who knows...

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
i never had much issue with the DVT but we would turn the function on, click "4th gear" while it was rolling along in 5th, wait for the down shift and converter lock, then 3rd gear to see if it would down shift to 3rd as it should, then click back to 4th gear, then do the dyno pull and do this over again on the next run. sounds like alot but its simple once you do it a time or two. it will hold the gear every time then. only time ive had it not work is back to back runs and not following my little system. i think completely letting off the throttle kills the DVT from working but who knows...

Your right that what messing it up so when im running on the dyno and trying to jack with my laptop while stabbing it and shutting the gear hold off, its much easier to make a tune and be able to do what you want with the tow haul button. also I think if you can hold fifth at say 40 MPH it loads and spools the turbo better.