Trans to transfer case gasket keeps blowing out

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
Fresh rebuilt transmission. Put 30 miles on it and it started leaking between the trans and transfer case. The gasket was hanging out and the bottom nut was snug but not as tight as it should’ve been. Put a new gasket in, another 30 mile drive and the same thing happened again. Is it something in the trans that could be wrong? Everything in the tcase looked fine when I did pump rub and the driveshaft and ujoints all *seemed* fine. The truck doesn’t vibrate anything abnormal for a lifted truck on 35” MTs. Any insight? Thanks

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
check the breather in the transmission. it can make case pressure but has a breather in the top to allow the pressure to escape . could be plugged or capped

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
Yessir the adapter housing was checked. The gasket literally like blows out the bottom. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve seen. It’s an ac Delco gasket. The first one came with the merchant pump rub and I never liked those anyways. The recent one was the solid ac delco piece. Any way to check the breather. I would think it would take so much pressure to blow that out

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
check the breather in the transmission. it can make case pressure but has a breather in the top to allow the pressure to escape . could be plugged or capped

Bullshit. There is no pressure there. You are out of your mind.

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
I need to look at the truck again because it has to be vibrations, that’s literally the only thing it can be, right. I just wanted to be sure there’s no way something in the trans could be causing the issue. But it’s literally like blowing them out. I’ll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Serg2794

Mar 19, 2023
Texas
I need to look at the truck again because it has to be vibrations, that’s literally the only thing it can be, right. I just wanted to be sure there’s no way something in the trans could be causing the issue. But it’s literally like blowing them out. I’ll try to post a picture tomorrow.
Did you ever figure out what it was? I’m having same exact problem after rebuilding my trans!