trans. temp; gauge

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Where is the best and easiest place to put a transmission gauge sending unit on the tranny . are there any plugs for this accessory on the allison. what has everyone else done.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I think the factory trans temp gauge is fairly accurate, probably not many puttin in aftermarket trans temp gauges.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What Larry said. Otherwise I think the pan would be the next best place-either doubling the drain as a port for the probe or putting a hole in the pan with a fitting of some sort for the probe.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Mag-Hytec has a sender bung. I had my ATS pan drilled and tapped and I had my deep pan (steel) drilled and bunged.

The pan guage well read approx. 20 degrees lower than the stock guage. This only gives you a indication of the return fluid cooler efficiency. But once every thing gets heat soaked you'll find all the temps pretty much unite.

Do you need one? No

T tranny temperature guage is more needed for a vehicle with NO stock temp guage. I basically installed one on my truck to fill a third hole to use a A Pillar triple guage pod.

Nice bling is cool but not necessary.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
By the way the pan is the only place that I'm aware that you can put a sender. As far as I know there is no kit to install in-line because of the diameter of the Allison lines.