trans brake

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I'm posting this video only to let people know that this has/can be done. I want to be perfectly clear, This is an application specific part. It has the potential to do a lot of good in the right application once properly tested and dialed in, but also it creates much more to be studied/analyzed as far as internal stress and ware/tear goes.

My builder George here at SunCoast built the original prototype about 5 years ago with some help from Ernie. George recently revisited it with some fresh ideas and it worked pretty damn good for being a first of its kind. I was very impressed and scared at the same time. Utilizes a custom valvebody built here at SC with switch activation for the brake. Truck drove perfectly normal without the brake applied. We installed it today in the test truck so Nothing "fancy" yet as far as activation switches/buttons go. By no means am i saying that we plan to sell this currently as there is still much testing to be done, and to see what kind of abuse it puts into the transmission and converter. We used it about 8-12 times varying from braked 2wd launches to 4x4. No unusual heat or erratic shifting, the truck currently has a 1057 converter in it already and we just wanted to see what the VB was actually going to do

The truck has a stock motor, studded, S475 over stock twin kit, SunCoast built Allison, 4 door Dually on 24" American forces. Tuned by Kory

The code light is irrelevant and is for "G" solenoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yzg0A64-Vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEBhtm2MO8&index=1&list=UUkuIDZTbXwhnz_uyTKXo8gA

Last edited:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm posting this video only to let people know that this has/can be done. I want to be perfectly clear, This is an application specific part. It has the potential to do a lot of good in the right application once properly tested and dialed in, but also it creates much more to be studied/analyzed as far as internal stress and ware/tear goes.

My builder George here at SunCoast built the original prototype about 5 years ago with some help from Ernie. George recently revisited it with some fresh ideas and it worked pretty damn good for being a first of its kind. I was very impressed and scared at the same time. Utilizes a custom valvebody built here at SC with switch activation for the brake. Truck drove perfectly normal without the brake applied. We installed it today in the test truck so Nothing "fancy" yet as far as activation switches/buttons go. By no means am i saying that we plan to sell this currently as there is still much testing to be done, and to see what kind of abuse it puts into the transmission and converter. We used it about 8-12 times varying from braked 2wd launches to 4x4. No unusual heat or erratic shifting, the truck currently has a 1057 converter in it already and we just wanted to see what the VB was actually going to do

The truck has a stock motor, studded, S475 over stock twin kit, SunCoast built Allison, 4 door Dually on 24" American forces. Tuned by Kory

The code light is irrelevant and is for "G" solenoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yzg0A64-Vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEBhtm2MO8&index=1&list=UUkuIDZTbXwhnz_uyTKXo8gA

Wow that's bad ass!

Quick question and it seems this is a good place to ask. Some car and trucks (h&s white lightening to give a specific example) will roll up to the beams, then to scoot forward and light the staging lights the truck makes a clicking sound and pops forward about an inch or two, what is that? Trans brake?

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
Wow that's bad ass!

Quick question and it seems this is a good place to ask. Some car and trucks (h&s white lightening to give a specific example) will roll up to the beams, then to scoot forward and light the staging lights the truck makes a clicking sound and pops forward about an inch or two, what is that? Trans brake?

That is called a bump box that works with the transbrake to help turbocharged cars stage and build boost

gtmax

Apr 9, 2008
Need to get rid of the CEL.

Mike truck is a 2005. VB used was a early 01 w/o G solenoid but hung one on the harness, CEL that came up was P02810, TCM looking for the G solenoid. Going to try an early TCM w/o the G solenoid feature should be able to get rid of code, but will have to research why it set the code in the first place as it had the solenoid. Worked good so we had a little fun in front of the shop.:)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike truck is a 2005. VB used was a early 01 w/o G solenoid but hung one on the harness, CEL that came up was P02810, TCM looking for the G solenoid. Going to try an early TCM w/o the G solenoid feature should be able to get rid of code, but will have to research why it set the code in the first place as it had the solenoid. Worked good so we had a little fun in front of the shop.:)

The 2810 code will cause the engine to run rough and I never figured out why Allison did that. It can also cause some weird hiccups.
Good to see you here George.:hug:

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com

G- Your post count is starting to get high! :roflmao: