Trans acting up.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
My trans has been acting up lately. It used to take awhile to get fluid pumping through the converter when I would first start it up, not sure if that has anything to do with how it's acting now, but when I start it in the mornings, every now and then it will do nothing when i put into gear and then start blinking on the indictor no matter what gear R,D,3,2,1. Replaced the NSBU switch and still does it. Any ideas?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Checked the fluid it's good, I can let it idle for a bit and it will finally pop into gear, this morning I got it backed out into the street and went to take off and as it was shifting into second it kicked out of gear then hammered into second. Seems to do it when it's cold. What causes converter flow back? Bad seal or what?

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I thought they put a hole in the converter to let fluid circulate and not overheat. If the truck sits overnight the fluid drains out of the converter. I was told to just let the truck idle for 10 seconds before putting it in gear and preventing it from lurching.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I let the truck idle for 20-30 min this morning and still did it. Acts like something isn't engaging. Maybe in the valve body.