Trailer Weight Distribution Calculator

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I made a "visual" weight distribution calculator in excel.

it doesn't take into account the difference in the trailers own weight throughout the trailer so if anyone has base line percentages that will increase its accuracy.

I made it more for a camping trailer for loading up or building the inside and wanting to see how placing different items such as the shower, toilet, beds, cabinets, etc affected the tongue weight based on where i would place them. but it should work for any trailer really.

Now, it is only set up right now for a 27 foot trailer but i will likely make it scalable for any length trailer with some more formulas in the future.

so, before you yell at me and tell me it is not accurate, I already know that. it was more for rough calculations and a visual aid to seeing how the weight distributed across the trailer changed the load on the tongue and tires

make sure to remove the ".doc" from the end of the file name to make it an excel ".xls" file

Play around with it and let me know what you think

Attachments

• Trailer Weight Distribution Calculator.xls.doc
    35 KB · Views: 27

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Version 2 with auto adjusting for trailers beds up to 50 feet and dovetail up to 10 feet.

thanks Jason

Attachments

• Trailer Weight Distribution Calculator V2.xls.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
some small tweaks to the formulas so it doesn't calculate weights that didn't get removed if the trailer was shortened. make it less error prone

Attachments

• Trailer Weight Distribution Calculator V2.xls.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 10