Traction bar questions

Foxtrott4646

Jul 12, 2018
Reno
I have a 2005 2500 extended cab short box with 4 inches of lift and havent been able to find any "cookie cutter" traction bars, the ones i have been looking at say they are for a long box crew cab and are 72" long, when i measured on the truck and they would be sitting on the frame about a foot in front of where it curves up, my question is, should i look for a shorter more specific length? Or do you think they would look/operate the same?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The magic number for a short bed is 60"
Alot of people are happy with the longhorn Fab traction bars although that is the only thing I'd ever buy from them.
Hsp makes traction bars also nit they are probably overpriced, I don't know of any others as i made my own

Foxtrott4646

Jul 12, 2018
Reno
Is it true that the longer you go the better? Or should i stick with a smaller set, as the 63" bars come to an end where the frame curves downward

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
length is dependent for sled pullers. helps them put load in different areas of the truck. only thing you gain from a longer axle wrap bar on a truck that does anything but sled pull is less pinion angle change through the suspension cycle. from a 60" to 70" bar, that change will be small.

get what you feel fits the truck best in looks and how it attaches. there is nothing magical about them. putting a long bed bar on a short bed truck wont do any harm or cause ill effects