Toyo Open Country A/T II

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I run them in 285/65-18 10ply and I love them. Wearing awesome. Road noise isnt bad. Very smooth.They don't hook for shit though:eek:

RitzBlitz

May 20, 2010
Ritzville, Wa
325/60/18 and absolutely love them. We're great in the snow, ride great, and are wearing like iron so far. Will definitely be buying them again. Way better than the originals I ran in the same size.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
285/75/18E (35x11.5) on an 18x10 wheel
LOVE THEM!!!!
:thumb:

On the road
They are quieter then the original, wear much better and last longer (I've got 12k on mine haven't rotated yet and the fronts still look new) look more aggressive and track much better through puddles on the road. While towing they perform very nicely as well

Off road
They don't dig like the A/T did with out moving. They seem to go quite a bit further down the trail in both mud and snow and, they don't hold gravel nearly as bad as they used to and self clean/sling out debris very well.

The A/T2 is better in every single way than the original A/T both on and off road. IMHO it's a very competent tire.
:D

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
They are like riding on ice when it comes to hookup. I couldn't drive the way I did even when I had the mt's, I never got any traction. They wear like they are made of steal though...

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
305/55/20s. Don't have a ton of miles on them but they show very little wear. Seem to hook up half decent on the street and I really only go off road on the beach and they work very well aired down. They also look great. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

6Point6LMM

Probably at work
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
Sounds like everyone agrees they're a great tire. I have the original Open Country A/T's and they're wearing great. I was contemplating getting another kind of tire when the time comes, but sounds like I'll be sticking with the Open Country's.

Thanks guys! :thumb:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Just a bump, and my opinion. For dry climates I would say definitely get the at2s. They do well on dirt, gravel, and pavement. When you get into mud, the don't clean out at all, so you have to keep a fair amount of tire speed to keep them clean. They are terrible in the snow and ice. They keep snow in the tread, and are soooo slick on packed roads. I siped them and it helped a bit, but they are nowhere near the tire that my goodyear duratracs were. I will be going back to the duratracs for sure! I may get more miles out of the toyos, but for an all around tire I'll take duratracs all day long.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
BUT the Duratrac is almost an M/T, and its severe weather rated. I could've told you the toyos wouldn't hang in the snow just by looking at them.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I agree, I ran the Toyos for about 2 years, the first winter was pretty good, but once they got worn a bit they had no traction on snow or ice. I switched to Duratracs and so far so good, they're my favorite tire I've run so far.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
BUT the Duratrac is almost an M/T, and its severe weather rated. I could've told you the toyos wouldn't hang in the snow just by looking at them.

They are terrifyingly slick compared to the duratracs. I knew they wouldn't be as good, but they are actually scary. Siping them made them tolerable.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Didn't figure they'd be that bad. My coopers zeons don't do too bad, I was going to try the Hankook RF10. I love the looks of the duratracs, but at $60 more a tire, I'll pass.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I loved my last set of Toyos in the snow, and this set hasn't been in snow yet.. I've never owned 2 sets of the same tires ever. I always switch and this is my 2nd set of toyo at/2

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I like mine, they're a good compromise between noise and traction. We had over a foot of snow earlier this year and they impressed me. Yeah, they're a little squirrely on wet pavement even though they're siped but I just drive accordingly. I have 2 sets of H2 rims, one for ATs in winter and one for HTs in the summer.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I have them, 35/12.5/20's. Junk on anything wet, snow, ice, etc. as others have said pretty decent on dry

What he said...
X100

I was really happy with them until the rainy season
I'll be replacing them soon

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Didn't figure they'd be that bad. My coopers zeons don't do too bad, I was going to try the Hankook RF10. I love the looks of the duratracs, but at $60 more a tire, I'll pass.

Just put a second set of RF10's on the work truck. First set got around 60k and they do great in wet/dry/snow/ice. Look decent too. Best AT for the money imo.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
What he said...
X100

I was really happy with them until the rainy season
I'll be replacing them soon

Yep, I have the 35 12.50 20 extremes on my ford and the 285 65 18s on my duramax.

I am lifting my powerstroke and going to try the 37 12.50 20 toyo R/T. If Goodyear made the duratrac in a 37 I'd use it!

I'm going back to the duratrac for my duramax for sure.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I know I posted earlier in the thread/year that I thought they were a great tire, and they were until I hit about 18,000 miles, I still feel like they track through a puddle really well, but holy heck they don't hold the road very well when it's wet out now that they've worn down some...and they don't do as well in the snow anymore either...and they're not nearly as quiet as they once were

They still hook up pretty dang good on dry pavement tho