Torsion bar

Vasbinder

Dec 19, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Are the torsion bars from a 03 duramax cc the same as the ones of a 03 cc gas 6.0. The torsion bars on my truck are not level. The bolts are the same length and screwed in the same depth. The truck has a 6" Procomp lift and the previous owner had it lower to 4". The bottom bump stop was only about 2" from the lower control arm. I crank the bars up all the way and backed the bolts off 3 turns. now the driver side sits lower. I have a set from a gas truck same year and in good shape.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Are the torsion bars from a 03 duramax cc the same as the ones of a 03 cc gas 6.0. The torsion bars on my truck are not level. The bolts are the same length and screwed in the same depth. The truck has a 6" Procomp lift and the previous owner had it lower to 4". The bottom bump stop was only about 2" from the lower control arm. I crank the bars up all the way and backed the bolts off 3 turns. now the driver side sits lower. I have a set from a gas truck same year and in good shape.

I know not all of them are the same rpo codes can tell you what bars you have in your truck I don't know enough to know if they have designations on the bars them selves. I would concern myself more with getting the truck level though than keeping the bolt turns even. Most truck aren't the same as far as bolts go turn for turn.

TexasRedNeck

Diesel Newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
No the bars are not the same. IIRC the Dmax weighs about 700-800 lbs more than the gas. I own both versions circa 2001. Standby and i'll dig up a link to a chart with all the torsion specs.