Help: torquing converter bolts

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
If you guys really want to test this get a 1/2" female to female adapter and attach 2 dial torque wrenches. Put one in a vise and torque with the other. Add a 18" extension to each torque wrench and do it again. The second time you will move the torque wrench further to compensate for the twist of the extensions but in both cases if you use slow steady pressure and keep things in line the torque readings on both wrenches will be identical. Torque in is going to equal torque out regardless of extension length.

For the ones who disagree think of it like this and maybe the light will come on - this is what you are saying:

Pat is holding one torque wrench and Mike is holding another - they are attached with a 4 foot extension. If Pat twists on it with 100 ft lbs of force Mike will only have to hold back 52 ft lbs (and the torque wrench will only read 52 ft lbs)???? But then if Mike twisted harder Pat would suddenly need less force to hold it from twisting????

duramaxc15h32

May 18, 2009
I like the air gun that I have seen(with my own eyes) the "crack trans builder" use on several trucks trans,,when asked,"Why are you doing that?", I was told, "It's faster",,So how do you know if the bolts are torqued right?,,I asked,,,," I just turn down the air wrench",came back the reply...

Just use a mig welder on then, and when or if you have to remove then at a later date just grab the cutting torch.

Last edited: