Titan Tank Feedback

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Like the title says, those of you using them like them? Any issues? They offer a "shield" for an extra 120-140. Is that something a guy should get? This will be for my 06.

Any suggestions on a good place to buy? I'm finding them for 1200-1500 without the shield..

I'll be installing a lift pump at the same time.

Thanks guys

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I had looked into those before but decided against it. Fuel tank hangs like 3" below the frame and the "sheild" was is plastic I think. You don't really get the full 52 gallons, more like 46 gallons. And it has no baffles. I'd probably look into transfer flow.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've installed 4-5 of them with great luck.. customers love them.. gauge calibration is kinda a bear but it's manageable.

They hold a hell of a lot more fuel than stock and you don't loose any bed space. I recommend them all the time.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I had looked into those before but decided against it. Fuel tank hangs like 3" below the frame and the "sheild" was is plastic I think. You don't really get the full 52 gallons, more like 46 gallons. And it has no baffles. I'd probably look into transfer flow.

Just looked them up, that looks to be a much better tank! Thanks man..didn't know they made an replacement tank:thumb: I've used several bed transfer flow bed tanks, never had any issues with them

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Hey Wade, I got a 36 gallon out of an 05 cclb dually at a buddies. He would probably let it go for cheap. You gonna be up this way this weekend?

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I've installed 4-5 of them with great luck.. customers love them.. gauge calibration is kinda a bear but it's manageable.

They hold a hell of a lot more fuel than stock and you don't loose any bed space. I recommend them all the time.
What's the deal with calibration? Can't program that big or?

I got a 36 gallon tank out of an 06 longbed if you wanna go that route

Will it fit? Only reason I ask is everywhere I look seems to offer different styles for a sb vs a lb

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
That I don't know, I can take some pictures and measurements today and see. I'll compare it to my buddies shortbed.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I have the 52gal tank. I tried for a while to run it as low as I could but never was able to put more than 48 gallons in. I would definitely get the shield, it does hang down below the frame as said before. Its nice to go 750+ highway miles on one tank :D

Let me know how you tackle the lift pump, that's on the to-do list.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I have the 52gal tank. I tried for a while to run it as low as I could but never was able to put more than 48 gallons in. I would definitely get the shield, it does hang down below the frame as said before. Its nice to go 750+ highway miles on one tank :D

I love my Titan 52 and I've put 51 gallons in before. The programing needs to be done so you don't get a CEL. If I topped the tank off, till I can see it in the filler neck, I use to get a CEL. It happens because the fuel gauge doesn't move and you have driven around 200 miles. I don't remember what the code is.
When I had the LBZ transplanted in, Russ(at RPM Motorsports) changed the programming and it works almost spot on now. Its nice towing the trailer and going almost 400-450 miles and not having to look for fuel. I hated having to start looking for fueling places at 200 miles with the stock 26 gal.
Yes, it hangs below the frame but I'm not to worried about unless I'm going off road.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I love my Titan 52 and I've put 51 gallons in before. The programing needs to be done so you don't get a CEL. If I topped the tank off, till I can see it in the filler neck, I use to get a CEL. It happens because the fuel gauge doesn't move and you have driven around 200 miles. I don't remember what the code is.

Yeah it is a great upgrade, my gauge a bit is off so I need to get that taken care of. I wonder if it could be raised up more, otherwise I'm looking to get steps or rock guards to hide it a bit.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
The only issue I have with my tank is how it burps when filling it up. Other than that, I love being able to drive and not have to stop and fill up for 800 miles or more at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I'll post up one this afternoon when I get back to my truck.

Also, if you get the skid plate, make sure that tuck it up under the provided cross member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Forgive the dirt, Colorado snow likes to stick. I'd really like to find a way to raise it if possible, with my truck being dropped a tad.

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 29