Tires

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Im ordering new Super swamper STS's this week. My debate is trying to decide between 33's or 35's. With the 40r and twin cp3s it has plenty of power to run up into the rev limiter in 3rd gear, but ive only been able to pull in 4th once. I really dont want to mess with tire rub but im debating on what would be best for pulling.

Rob

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Id rather, i think 35's are to big for no lift, but im thinkin 3rd gear better wheel speed with 35's. I dont think i can run 4th on most tracks.

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
thats all we ran so far are 33" tires..after being in tires for the last 6 years i have come to realize that any sport needs to have the right tire for the job and truck pulling you need lots of traction but not to much as you may well know so to big of a tire like a 35" will not really help you out as much as a 33" tire that bites more but you can spin easier seeing they are smaller.i won't mention names but i know of sevaral guys that have been running the 35's but after being beaten by a dually with only 33's and running the Mastercraft Courser CT's they switched from there 35" tires to a 33" tire and have better performance out of their truck.