Time for bottom end????

thedirtydury

BrunerRacing
Mar 8, 2010
windsor,ca
This is the first time I've posted a thread so sorry if im not doing this right but I have an Lly with twins 480/stock with complete custom 3" tubing, HSP Y-bridge, EFI live, banks INTERCOOLER, AFE intake throat, built tranny, and some other odds and ends dynoing at +/-600hp. My question is, what should I start throwing money into now? I want to bring the truck to around 750 but Id rather be at a more "safe" 700 if that makes any sense lol. Should I start with rods? Should I also consider a girdle? Shit, I don't even have head studs yet, figured I'd upgrade when I blow a head gasket. Any help would be appreciated.

LBZMIKE

Nov 15, 2014
colorado
I would say build the motor but for now just make a list of what you want and start saving your pennies lol ...Carillo rods,arp mains bolts,billet girdle, fly cut pistons,keyed crank and cam,fluid damper,head studs , just a few things i plan on doing that i have researched that seem to been good upgrades but man is it pricey lol lot of guys on here that know way better then me that will chime in im sure

thedirtydury

BrunerRacing
Mar 8, 2010
windsor,ca
I understand it's a broad question, I was looking more for people's oppinions. Just couldn't make my mind up on what I should do first. Sorry for the stupid question.

Chanzilla

Feb 15, 2013
San Antonio
Its not really a stupid question.. but from my experience reading build threads and what not, I think most everyone just yanks the motor and builds it all at once.