Tie rods still bend with sleeves

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
I'm not gona drag this slow turd any more it just has not ran we'll ever it always been slow an under power so stock parts are going back on and thats it for that motor

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
We shall see what happens to my front end this year with an all season brace. If she breaks...stage 3 kit from dmax store is going in.

My turd is slower then yours, I'm still throwing parts at it :)

And now to contribute:

I agree you gotta use stock keys and get tht negative cv angle, then sleeves and braces. Just mke sure it's all tight before you sleeve and brace. Any play in the idler, pitman, or tie rods and you will be headed for the walls, or chances will be greatly increased

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Wheel hopping a 7,500 lb truck and not letting out of it is what broke and bent your front end pieces. Next time let out of it...:eek:

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
We shall see what happens to my front end this year with an all season brace. If she breaks...stage 3 kit from dmax store is going in.

My turd is slower then yours, I'm still throwing parts at it :)

And now to contribute:

I agree you gotta use stock keys and get tht negative cv angle, then sleeves and braces. Just mke sure it's all tight before you sleeve and brace. Any play in the idler, pitman, or tie rods and you will be headed for the walls, or chances will be greatly increased

No your not slower then me in 1/8 with I should be mid 7s but I'll never se it

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
No your not slower then me in 1/8 with I should be mid 7s but I'll never se it

I dont think you under stand how fast a mid 7 is. A stock engine will not last for very many mid 7 second 1/8th mile passes. I ran a 12.05@113 1/4 mile with a 7.7 @ 90 1/8th. You keep saying your truck is a slow turd...

1pieceatatime

Mar 30, 2014
Schuyler NY
I had lift keys in mine with bolts lowered down and just sleeves, nothing else and didn't have anything break

And some guys luck there way through changing an Ally tail housing in the truck......

I'm not a drag racer, but If I had a nickel for every person I have set straight on this subject at a truck pull...... I'd build a drag truck. :rolleyes:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Here is what I would do.

First, do some research on centerlinks and see what one would be best for you. There is a shit ton of info about them on here and many different choices. Each has it's pros and cons.

Next, check for the slop in the idler/pitman arm like I talked about above.

Third, get some stock keys and when you go racing, drop the cv"s so the cv end at the wheel is a little higher than the cv at the diff end.

I agree! Those cognito braces are worth there weight in gold. I MO. I use to race my 7" lifted GM truck and launch that truck so hard people where scared to stand at the 60' mark. That front end has been virtually trouble free it's whole life. My race truck only has ppe sleeves and it also launches hard with zero issues.

perhaps, you had issues before you even installed the sleeves?

honestly it sucks this happened, but I think you could have other issues. Good luck and keep us posted

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
How so? That's what my stock turbo LBZ ran with 1.7 60'

x2 Ran 12.84 with a 1.8560ft. Now I got my 60ft to 1.79. Tires are not hooking at anything over 9psi.

To the OP

My truck has 160000 miles of abuse. So I did new pittman arm, idler arm with bracket, sleeves and a all seasons support. Have about 30 passes on this set up now and 0 issues.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
When I was running 8.0s in the 1/8 I was running 12.4s with a 1.8x 60ft. No lock up box. With lock up box I went 7.8 in the 1/8 with a 1.8x again.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk