EFILive Thought of Something Today

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
Today I was thinking about my defueling, probably should've been paying attention in Chem :rolleyes: But anyways heres what I came up with...why not use the TBIQ table as a base starting point for TLIQ since basically they're the same thing one is just requested during the shift. My TBIQ table is basically a linear fit from 100mm3 to 0mm3s above 1400rpm so i copied from 1200rpm on up and pasted into the TLIQ table smoothed some things out to make it look good. Then Took a percentage for some defueling. Turns out it works really well, the shifts are real smooth, tons better than anything i could come up with before. Well anyways just thought I'd share and see if anybody else had tried anything like this :driving:

The only thing I dont get is in my log the DMAX_TRQ drops further right after the shift, as does the mm3.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
So if you copy exactly what the TBIQ says and put it in the TLIQ and then take a percentage out for the TLIQ. But what if your stock pulsewith table modified which it would have to be for your tune to make any power.

What if you took your stock tune copy and pasted the TBIQ to TLIQ then used the compare feature to compare the TLIQ table with another copy of the stock tune. Then look at the percentage difference of the tunes, this would give you what the stock tune requests for defuel.

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
Yes the pulse width is different, but when you think about it if the TLIQ table was the same as the TBIQ you would have no defuel. Now say you take 5% out for the shifts or 100mm3 to 95mm3, at 100mm3s and 160mpa my PW is 2300. 95mm3s is around 2200 give or take, so the it defuels by 100uS. Nick pointed out the problem that the torque and TP axises dont match up very well, but with some adjustment of where the cells are pasted I think this could work.