Those of you with Diamond Eye downpipes come in

blue68383

Shooting for 11s
May 15, 2008
CA
I was wondering how much of an egt drop you have seen after installing one on your truck. Any better spoolup? Any thing you noticed after install is what Im interested in hearing. I have seen the power difference it made on Wendy. Also how much of a PITA is it to install?
Thanks
Nate

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I was wondering how much of an egt drop you have seen after installing one on your truck. Any better spoolup? Any thing you noticed after install is what Im interested in hearing. I have seen the power difference it made on Wendy. Also how much of a PITA is it to install?
Thanks
Nate

Well the install isn't too bad besides modding the Trans dipstick tube. I really can't say what it did for egt's as I am always changing tuning...If I had to guess it may have helped 100* but it's a guess.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i cant speak for performance but i have installed one on a lly and the fit was great and install was easy . i could not tell an increase because i installed it at the same time as a cheahta turbo . probably money well spent .

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
If you look around, you should be able to find Pat's (McRat) write up of it. IIRC, he said that there isn't much benefit until you get over 3000 RPM.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
From what I saw with my own, I saw a little quicker spool up and lower EGT's personally. I pulled a 20' enclosed car hauler type trailer on PPE lvl. 3 before the dp install and constantly bounced off 1350*. I pulled the same trailer more heavily loaded and saw continously 100* less across the board on the same tune. This is just my take on my truck. I have not been to the drag strip since this install so I have no other input.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I don't look at my gauges so I'm no help. I just know with the DP and Banks Ram Air, I got 2 mph and .2 in the 1/4 :driving:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
LLY lbz and lmm all good results! min 50 cooler faster spool and a 10 on the feel good mod:D hardest install was Lmm if you need tips let me know

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
cruising at 70 mph, ambient outside temps of 40 - 80* my egts stay a consistant +/- 650*

this is with the cruise control set, i'll have to wait for hotter weather to see if it stays the same or not:)

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
about 100 degrees cooler and slightly faster egt cool down. Didn't notice any change in sotp for quickness, spool up time or whistle.